• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters - Only Yesterday (DJ Danny Shaffer 2003 Mix)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Angel

I found this song online on the WinMX site. The runtime is 5:46. Has anyone heard it?

It starts out with a hard-driving disco beat, and has Karen's vocals starting 30 seconds into the track. The original drum work by Jim Gordon can still be heard in the background. The musical bridge has been removed, and then the chorus at the end of the song has some synthesized effects repeated several times.

The song ends with a female voice (not Karen) saying over and over to fade out, something that sounds like, "We've Gotta Work!" or something like that...?!

Hi All,
I heard this song, and found it to be interesting. It is neat to be able to hear Karen's vocal on a dance song. I love dance music so it is cool. I always thought if Cher or Diana or Barbra could be on a dance song...so could our Karen.

PS. Has anyone ever heard of the http://www.carponlinebravepages.com
It is a Carpenters board with messages and stuff on the Carpenters. It is neat! We discuss lots of topics on Karen and Richard.

I just got this song on CD and boy is it different :!:

It is wild with Karen's voice being edited so it starts of with "Share of Loneliness." This is repeated about 12 times. Then the song starts. It is basically the regular version except with the dance music. However, Karen's vocals are way down in the mix. Some phrases are edited and phased in and out. Sometimes repeated, hence the longer track time.

I think I would recommend it because it is a portal to a new world of Carpenters music. :D

I believe that a dance mix, probably a medley of sorts would be sooo cool! It would introduce a whole new generation of "club kids" and others seeking a dance venue to the dynamic duo. Karen's voice is a SURE-FIRE hit! Hey Richard???

I have tried repeatedly to access this song. I have several OY's from which to choose. Hours roll by and no action. Andrew, any tips?

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom