• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Carpenters screening at Museum of Television & Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAZZ4JEFF

The Carpenters 1977 Christmas special will be screened this December at the Museum of Radio & Television in Beverly Hills. The special with Harvey Korman, Kristy McNichol and Kukla, Fran & Ollie will screen each day at 2pm from December 8th until December 12th.

For those of you unfamiliar with the museum, it is great! They have a large 120 seat screening room, where the Carpenters will be shown. The museum keeps thousands of rare video and audio programs. They have seminars and exhibitions all year long.

They also have a library, where you can search any performer or show. If the program is part of their collection, you can go to a booth and view the program. They have many Carpenters apperances. The collection is the same as the museum in New York.

I know most of us have bad dubs of the Carpenters Christmas special. It will be great to see it on the big screen, with perfect quality. For more information on the museum, their web site is

http://www.mtr.org

I will definitely be attending this thing. It should be cool to see this in DVD-like quality.

Maybe this will spark some discussion and SUGGESTION to Richard's website about releasing some of this stuff, at least on a limited edition basis (I realize these aren't big money makers).

I'll post a report after I check it out!!!! -Chris

Great news ....this is similar to UK London based National Film Theatre that had Carpenters special presentation of several BBC Specials & one documentary on the big screen for Carpenters fans and the curious to see & enjoy ....:cool:

Great occasion to see Carpenters on large screen :D

Look forward to Chris's review & update ....any other members planning to attend :?:

Actually with promotion by Universal or another film / video company , several TV Specials could be huge sellers ....speading the news via various fan websites and that large general Carpenters audience ...sales could be excellent .... :o

Just have to keep suggesting to Richard , Networks & production companies of the viability of some of these TV Specials..... :wink:

Peter

Damn! I wish he'd release them. He could just do it off of the site! Special Edition.

My guess is that there isn't a royalties problem if they can show it pubicly.

Andrew, your right, a new fan club would be a great idea. that way there is no disappointing sales from the general public or fear that the public just wouldn't buy something like this.

Well we are a rare group & we would buy it. But maybe selling it is where the legal issues come in, even to a fan club?

My guess is that there wouldn be a royalties problem if they can air it on a big screen. I'm sure they all had to give their consent. That is, Harvey Korman, Kristie McNichol, and that "Kukla and Ollies" stuff.

:shock:

I really like the 1978 "A Christmas Portrai" special better. It's classier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom