• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

CARPENTERS The Compact Disc Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope your collection has passed the test of time, unfortunately for me, mine started to degrade rapidly, it's now unplayable. Looking on the positive side, I'm still happy to have it in my collection.
It sounds like your CD's were not manufactured by Nimbus but by PDO.

Does anyone know how many Carpenters Compact Disc Collection Box Sets were released in 1989 in the UK? These were the uniquely numbered set (12x12 LP sized box set).

At some point they switched from the 12 x 12 format to a wallet issue (called "Compact Edition"). That's what I managed to unearth and it has a serial number of 1892, for what that's worth.

Oh - and Dean - welcome to the Forum!

Harry

At some point they switched from the 12 x 12 format to a wallet issue (called "Compact Edition"). That's what I managed to unearth and it has a serial number of 1892, for what that's worth.

Oh - and Dean - welcome to the Forum!

Harry
Thank you Harry. A huge thank you to you and your friends and colleagues who have formed this 'Treasure Trove" of wonders. Very much appreciated.

So they did the same thing to this UK set as they did to From The Top with regard to design, first releasing it as a 12x12 box then later to a smaller CD size case? Does anyone have a photo of the 12 x 12 design and did it come with large insert cover booklet like From The Top?

Chris, in answer to your query regarding a booklet to accompany the UK Set,
mine (#4390) has:
(1) Track Listing affixed to inside front cover,
(2)Richard Carpenter Album Notes--'three pages'--affixed to the cardboard assembly,
(3) A few words from Ray Coleman
(4) Carpenters' Photographs scattered throughout the Set.
No detached booklet resembling that found with "From The Top" 12X12 Set.
Hope this information is of some help.

The Compact Edition has an initial note from Richard on the first internal page. Then the other pages are actually sleeves for the albums, with a facing page for Richard's liner notes, and credits and track listings on pages that house the CD. The final sleeve houses a folded set of notes from Ray Coleman interspersed with photos. The back of the folded notes has a large promotional picture of Karen & Richard in black & white.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom