Carpenters Tribute album from 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achim

:rolleyes: Hi folks,
I just bought an SACD by the Jeremy Monteiro Trio. It's called "A song for you Karen" and it's a really great album by Jazz musicians who admire the Carpenters' music which you can hear. The song list is as follows:
1. A song for you
2. When I fall in love
3. This masquerade
4. We've only just begun
5. Top of the world
6. For all we know
7. Rainy days and mondays
8. There's a kind of hush
9. All you get from love is a love song
10. I won't last a day without you
11. (They long to be) Close to you
12. Yesterday once more
13. A song for you (instrumental reprise)
(piano, double-bass, saxophone, drums)

The musicians on this recording wanted to give their respect to the Carpenters' music all of them having grown up with their music on the occasion of the Carpenters' 30th anniversary. The arrangements are all jazzy, very sophisticated but easy to listen to. Half of the songs are instrumentals while the rest is sung by an asian singer called Jacintha. She doesn't try to imitate Karen but give her own special touch to the songs. This is a real treat for Carpenters fans and audiophiles as the recording quality is outstanding. Although it is an SACD you can listen to it on a normal CD-Player because it's a hybrid disc. You can order this record from www.acousticsounds.com or www.amazon.com or www.fim.com
By the way there's a very nice booklet reminiscent of the original "A song for you album". Lovely interpretations of lovely music.
:love:

Hi...

This album was discussed earlier, but I forgot the title of the thread. Hope you can find it, as I shared about meeting Jacintha (from Singapore).

Yes, it is a very good album with a great sound and arrangements.

Calvin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom