• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

📣 News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does indeed look like that Facebook page has become official. So, why on earth would they call it "The" Carpenters? I do like the little animated Album features, but please ... do your research Universal. No "The"!

...and just like that everything is official.
Got the email with the selling of the CD, various LP editions, and t-shirts.
Not too wild about the overused photo on the cover (Classics vol 2, Millennium Collection, etc).

I am not able to post the link at this time, but Richard's official Instagram page has a link in the bio area where you can order this new release. It's official - December 7, and the link offers LP's (with and without autograph) and CD's. The cover is there as well, although it is different from what we've seen elsewhere - no photo of the orchestra.

SO EXCITED!

Also, from that link:
Tracklist:
1. OVERTURE
2. YESTERDAY ONCE MORE
3. HURTING EACH OTHER
4. I NEED TO BE IN LOVE
5. FOR ALL WE KNOW
6. TOUCH ME WHEN WE’RE DANCING
7. I BELIEVE YOU
8. I JUST FALL IN LOVE AGAIN
9. MERRY CHRISTMAS DARLING
10. BABY IT’S YOU
11. (THEY LONG TO BE) CLOSE TO YOU
12. SUPERSTAR
13. RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS
14. THIS MASQUERADE
15. TICKET TO RIDE
16. GOODBYE TO LOVE
17. TOP OF THE WORLD
18. WE’VE ONLY JUST BEGUN

Update from Richard and the cover for the new album:

Richard Carpenter on Instagram: “Carpenters with The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is out December 7th! This project has been a labor of love and I wanted to thank the Royal…”

Seeing the two minute Facebook video left me with two thoughts. I’m slightly disappointed with the cover and regarding the brief snippets I heard, I didn’t discern much of a difference from the original remixes. That said, they were only snippets and I’m excited to hear the finished product.

I am however over the moon to see this release being properly marketed by UMG, with bundle and vinyl options available. Let’s hope a promotional TV push also follows.

Last edited:
I’ve hoped from the beginning for vinyl and colored vinyl. I did find out a couple of weeks ago from someone that vinyl would be released. So very pleased.
Jonathan

I guess for me the cover is just too close to this.

1372D3DE-5E20-4E1F-A8E4-53BCD7CA65C1_zps0jnj9yck.jpg

It also features that photo which we’ve seen over and over on other compilations. I thought we might have got something that actually incorporated a classy image of the RPO. Never mind, just a small quibble.

Last edited:
This might be a bit premature but Please Mr. Postman and Those Good Old Dreams out.... Others like Only Yesterday, Solitaire, I Won't Last A Day Without You, Let Me Be The One, Sing, Jambalaya, A Song For You, There's A Kind Of Hush, All You Get From Love Is A Love Song, Now, Bless The Beasts And Children, Sweet Sweet Smile and Calling Occupants ... Another album next year maybe? :wink:

This might be a bit premature but Please Mr. Postman and Those Good Old Dreams out.... Others like Only Yesterday, Solitaire, I Won't Last A Day Without You, Let Me Be The One, Sing, Jambalaya, A Song For You, There's A Kind Of Hush, All You Get From Love Is A Love Song, Now, Bless The Beasts And Children, Sweet Sweet Smile and Calling Occupants ... Another album next year maybe? :wink:
From your lips to God's ears!

Those Good Old Dreams. . .we hardly knew ye (gutted).

I love that photo of them so no problems there. . .plus exactly the same as the Only Yesterday Hits shot so let's hope the same chart action happens 28 1/2 years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom