• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

đź“Ł News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to freak anyone out but the album has disappeared from Amazon US all together !

Well...you didn't notice an "official" announcement here, right? :D

If we pre-order over the next few weeks, how will those orders be apart of the chart placing? How Does this work? I want to see it get to the Top 10 here in the UK. Will all the pre-orders be counted in the first week of release ?
For chart purposes, an item actually has to be in the marketplace. So as far as Billboard is concerned, all those pre-orders will count as first-week sales.

I pre-ordered (USA) and right now this is the message.
Arriving:
Delivery date pending. We'll email you as soon as we have a delivery date.

(Directly copied and pasted from USA Amazon tracking invoice.)

We'll email you when we have a delivery date
We’ll ship your order as soon as possible
This usually happens when an item doesn’t have a release date, it’s pre-ordered, or it’s out of stock.

I've been asked to not comment here about the RPO project, but I feel compelled to at least mention that the videos I listened to here of "I Need To Be In Love" did not match the score that was recorded in London.
Oh that’s too bad. I enjoyed that video version! Who did that and with what orchestra or outstanding sounding synthesizer?

It's theoretically possible to get up to about 30 minutes on one side of an LP, but if you want the sound to be good, it's best to stick to around 20 minutes at most. Given that they're doing a single CD, and the capacity of that is 80 minutes, it makes sense that the total running time will be between 70 and 80 minutes.
Not theoretical. And definitely not 30 minutes. A vinyl record could hold a maximum of 45 minutes per side, but with very narrow grooves and reduced dynamic range.

Arthur Fiedler - 90 Minutes With Arthur Fiedler And The Boston Pops

Although to get good dynamic range, each side should be less than 30 minutes for wider grooves.

Not theoretical. And definitely not 30 minutes. A vinyl record could hold a maximum of 45 minutes per side, but with very narrow grooves and reduced dynamic range.

Well there are a lot of variables. I was speaking in terms of pop music. The longest pop record I ever saw was Todd Rundgren's Initiation which had around 30 minutes per side, but (predictably) it didn't sound very good at all. I'm sure it's possible to get much more than 30 minutes on a side but I wouldn't want to have to listen to it very long!

Well there are a lot of variables. I was speaking in terms of pop music. The longest pop record I ever saw was Todd Rundgren's Initiation which had around 30 minutes per side, but (predictably) it didn't sound very good at all. I'm sure it's possible to get much more than 30 minutes on a side but I wouldn't want to have to listen to it very long!

Yep. Those K-Tel and Ronco mail order albums would just cram songs onto records. I have a few of them and they sound...interesting...LOL!

Ed

It’s still on Amazon U.K. but no opportunity to pre order also it’s slightly increased in price.

Remember we were taking about having an up to date website? We suggested that we email UME? Well I did email them not sure if anyone else did... But

There is now a Universal Music Enterprises newsletter for the Carpenters !!!

Great news! My guess is they’ve set this up to guage the interest for regular news or updates on Carpenters which, depending on the level of interest, may even lead to a dedicated UMG Carpenters page. Anyway I’ve signed up :)

Edit: I’ve noticed this is being managed from the UK, not the US. The page states “Emails will be sent by or on behalf of Universal Music Operations Ltd, 4 Pancras Square, London”.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom