• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

📣 News Carpenters With The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Japanese fan I know on Instagram just posted screen shots of her reserving the album from HMV Japan. I've searched on the website and found it but it's all in Japanese so I'm just getting another friend to translate it.

It does say 7th Dec 2018 though !

The price seems so cheap for the US.

I noticed the beach boys with the RPO the US is also a cheap price for the CD but there is a UK version at a much higher price. Is there a difference between the US vs the UK versions. They are actually labeling it UK edition.

The price seems so cheap for the US.

Carpenters fans are too used to expensive box sets and releases. Think about the last decade of Carpenters releases:

Vinyl box set - over $100
BEST SONGS from Japan (SWEET MEMORY) - around $100
Public Broadcasting stuff - Very expensive
Box sets from Japan - very expensive

The last really reasonable Carpenters release was ICON.

Simon can you look in the Crystal ball and let us know if there is a vinyl album planned? Your odds are looking good!!:laugh:

Think of all the time we spent here deciding on the new title :laugh:

My powers don't work on request.. And all that lol :laugh:

But looking at the previous albums with Elvis and Beach Boys they were later released on vinyl. It's obviously going to have to be a double LP from what John said. I'm getting the feeling that it's going to be a CD the length of Christmas Portrait Special Edition.. If you add up the songs the original times come to about 60 minutes, then add in the overture, extended intros & outros and anything else Richard has added... We're looking at a pretty long album (great!) What's the time limit of 2 LP's?

What's the time limit of 2 LP's?

It's theoretically possible to get up to about 30 minutes on one side of an LP, but if you want the sound to be good, it's best to stick to around 20 minutes at most. Given that they're doing a single CD, and the capacity of that is 80 minutes, it makes sense that the total running time will be between 70 and 80 minutes.

If we pre-order over the next few weeks, how will those orders be apart of the chart placing? How Does this work? I want to see it get to the Top 10 here in the UK. Will all the pre-orders be counted in the first week of release ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom