• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Christmas Portrait Redux update?

In iTunes, it is showing as Dolby Atmos.
It’s not showing up in any of the “Spatial Audio” playlists but when searching the tune separately it is labeled as such once you open it.

I can only find the ones from Christmas Portrait Special Ed. and Collection.

That's all I'm finding as well.
Panda and Matthew S, what does it look like? Does it show up with the Christmas Portrait album cover for the picture?
I can't find anything new for it when I search on iTunes.

Panda and Matthew S, what does it look like? Does it show up with the Christmas Portrait album cover for the picture?
Search “have yourself a merry little christmas carpenters” in Apple music, make sure you aren’t searching in “your library.” Then when you click on the track, and it starts playing, click on the track name on the bar on the bottom, and when it opens up you’ll see the Christmas Portrait album cover show up, and underneath the play progress line (timeline) you’ll see Dolby Atmos. Sorry, I’d include a pic but I don’t participate in any of the file sharing apps that the forum only allows pics to be shared from.

And it isn’t new or showing anything indicating its new. But it is definitely a new mix with Karen front and center. @JohnFB you’ll be in heaven with this one.

It's more straightforward on Tidal.
Follow the Dolby Atmos logo - and get an extra delight.

Merry Christmas, DarlingS. 😜😉

Attachments

• IMG_6509.jpeg
    IMG_6509.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
Something I noticed is that it only plays the new mix and displays the Dolby Atmos logo when I use my headphones / AirPods. When I listen through regular speakers it goes back to old mix and no Atmos logo.
Can you tech savvy guys enlighten me?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Another thing that makes this new Dolby Atmos mix special is that it has a clean ending. On the regular album track we would hear a snip of the start of "Santa Claus.." over the ending. Now it just ends quietly like the Time Life "Christmas With the Carpenters" mix did. Love it. Perfect for a single or radio play.

And it isn’t new or showing anything indicating its new. But it is definitely a new mix with Karen front and center. @JohnFB you’ll be in heaven with this one.
Can't wait to hear it - as it stands one of my top 5 Karen vocal performances - actually, I'm in heaven just about every time I hear her sing - I truly believe that I'm addicted and must hear her everyday, or I don't feel totally right or good...

Oh man... this is stunning. And what a great song to kick off the season with. It's like Herb Alpert used to say, "she sounds like she's sitting in your lap."

If anyone finds Merry Christmas Darling or any other songs in Dolby Atmos on Apple, please list them here! Even if we get just a track or two, that will be special this season.

I can’t understand why one track has been released as a taster if the whole album isn’t due for at least another 12 months.
Just seems odd.
Not if a project falls behind scheduled deadline. It's easy to take a track that is complete and release for stream without necessarily having to release an entire project.

Not if a project falls behind scheduled deadline. It's easy to take a track that is complete and release for stream without necessarily having to release an entire project.
Its an unexpected surprise and I’ll take it! Even if it’s one track at a time.

It’s on the Christmas Portrait Special Ed. on iTunes. All the cuts say “lossless” except Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas “Dolby Atmos”. When I tried to play it through my blue tooth speakers the Dolby Atmos logo disappears. The same thing with blue tooth in the car. I only get it while playing it over my iPhone speakers, which are okay, but not the Dolby Atmos experience

Back
Top Bottom