• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Christmas Portrait TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Once during the holidays, I always watch this show, tonight I got my old crappy VHS tape out & decided to watch it. My copy is not all that great, got it off ebay years ago, I end up having to track the VHS tape 2 notches to the right cause the audio is bad, tracking it to the right causes the audio to be better but then I loose the picture quality, good grief, oh well I still had fun watching this.

When Karen, Gene & Richard are singing together, what part harmony is Karen singing. It's unusual to hear Karen sing in this part harmony, if you listen closely you can hear just her part, although she doesn't sing solo.

Watching Richard sing Toyland...and then pan to old pics of Karen & Richard makes me feel sad knowing Karen is not with us anymore.

I still think Angels in the Christmas Play is a barrel of laughs, seeing Karen "act up" makes me laugh, the 3 of them seem like they had a blast doing that skit.

Yes...Ave Maria on the tv special is without the choir and it's wonderful. The DVD version of this track has the choir added.

I was wondering if you think that Richard's piano piece during the middle of the show w/ orchestra was "live"???? the very last few notes seemed very different from the record version..if you listen Richard draws out the piano notes a little longer & it just sounds different.

...wishing Richard would release this show on DVD someday, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom