C's site comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Wondering if the official website has been aborted or what? I sent a note to the website comments. I received a reply which follows.

Yes, we have not added to the site for awhile. Richard has been so busy with the 5.1 project and family activities and home projects. Unfortunately, the website is not on the top of the priority list! I will try to get some of my ideas in front of Richard so we can move ahead soon.

Thanks for writing,
Becky Boxberger
Personal Assistant to Richard Carpenter

Not holding my breath,

Jeff

Hmm. Well that's what they get for "going public" with the site before it was ready for its close-up.

Why a guy like Richard Carpenter, who has millions of dollars, would hire a "non professional" to do a website is beyond me anyway. He should've hired a real designer; the thing would have been designed behind the scenes months ago and not deployed until it was really ready.

I still think this site is a fake. Richard is such a perfectionist, he wouldn't allow a bad site like this.

Bruno
sceptical

Is Becky Boxburger a real P/A to RC then? I'm dissapointed that nothing has been added to the site for quite a while now.
Kenny

This is so bizzar!! I am also so
shocked to hear this. I don't
want to jump to conclusions but
we all know how Richard is about
releasing albums, you would think
he would also apply his stradegy
of perfecting the product before
going public. TIME will tell.
JIM

I'm not suprised at all that the site has not moved along in the past few months. The Carpenters are not an active group (still making music) in todays music industry, we can't compare them to other groups or solo singers that are still making music today and who have active up-to-date official websites. As I mentioned earlier Olivia's has an official site but it's as slow as Carpenters one and Olivia hasn't put much new material out in the past 10 years at all.

Remember too that this link was originally brought to us by our own cornerite Tony who told us he had it on good authority that this site is in fact authentic. I tend to believe him, why would he make this up?

What has this site done to any of us yet but to provide information (little of course about the new CD). It has not ripped us off from anything, tried to sell us anything. So I don't think we should rush to judgement so quickly that it is a fake.

Richard has never showed interest in the past to start a website so maybe he is still hesitant & want full control over what is going on & how it will look. Richard has a large family & I'm sure that takes presidence over his new website. Still I hope it moves on in the future.

...hoping in time will see new changes to this site, online...

Harsh comments from some ..... :sad:

Recalling previous website thread ....I did add that this was not a priority for Richard ....more due to pressure from CPAC & Universal / A&M to deal with upcoming projects , fans queries etc :o

My estimate of August / September 2004 for the site to be reasonably functional may now be too generous :rolleyes:

At least it is still in progress ....but some fans here need to realise that as with several other official websites ....this will not be state of the art ...and will still disappoint some ....when up & running :o

When it is active , I for one will be happy that there is an official link to Richard and with our input will improve even further .....:cool:

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom