Dance Versions of Carpenters songs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been covered before either. I do own this cd and was really taken with INTBIL and (a little) with Jambalaya.
The rest was so-so.
Just makes me wish RC would commission one of the many talented folks that we have and re-mix some Carpenters tunes or even some KC solo material for the dance floor.
Would be great to hear a new "spin" on some of the classics.

On 'Need to Be in Love" there are some places she really sounds like Karen!
It is clear from listening to these clips that Richard really knew how to produce her.
Jenny Sinclair's recordings really bring that fact home.

Some of the nuances in Jenny's voice are hauntingly familiar. This dance trax idea with RC producing original material would reintroduce the duo to club-goers. An idea I've often wondered about. There's a brand new generation of "boys" waiting to discover Karen. Her story and legacy could tug at hearts all over again.

Do you think RC has retired into his family and is simply content with the catalog, profits etc... and has no interest in rejuvenation?

Wishful thinkin again,

Jeff

Kinda funny you should ask Jeff. When I asked Mr. C about 2 or so years ago that very question the response was "thanks for the interest, but for all points and purposes, Richard is retired from the music industry and is -at this time- not interested in such a project."
I think enough interest from the public could persuade the powers behind Mr. C (aka the record company) to pursue this venture.
A new dj (djm) did a remix on some other site of "Top of The World" that stays true to the melody, has all original vocal work and is quite catchy.
Maybe "someday." All I can ask is someday :rolleyes:

Keeping the subject of mixes in mind I did a search on youtube under 'carpenters mixes' and was amazed at the amount of C's material that has been mixed.

There is a mix of the C's and Neil Sedaka doing Breaking Up Is Hard To Do; an extended remix of My Body Keeps Chaging My Mind, and a DJ mix of Top Of The World - to name just a few. Not all of them are great, but very imaginative and it's wonderful to know that people are big enough fans to take the time to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom