Desperately seeking Richard....

Status
Not open for further replies.

joy_boy

I have been a Carpenter's fan since I can remember. I was 6 years old in 1983 when Karen died and remember an extreme sense of loss. Add to that the pain of growing up in Apartheid South Africa, I had indeed very little joy in my life. The Carpenters brought a definate rainbow of joy into my life.

I have moved to Laguna Beach, California and I am desperate to be able to meet Richard in person and thank him for the beautiful contrabution he and Karen brought to my life. Can anyone help this life long fan fulfill his life long dream of meeting Richard Carpenter?

Hi there

Nice to see another new member here!

There are many of us fans on here who would give their right arm to meet Richard in person - realistically, that's unlikely to happen for most of us, especially those of us who don't even live in California!

In terms of public appearances, Richard keeps a very low profile these days compared to most celebrities. He moved away from Downey towards the end of the 90s and now lives in Thousand Oaks with his family, way north of LA.

Your best chance of actually meeting him is to keep abreast of (very) occasional concerts he is involved in at the Carpenter Performing Arts Center at Long Beach. Tickets are available to the public, but the 'after dinner VIP tickets', although usually expensive, would give you the best chance of spending quality time with your hero!!!

Hope this helps - let us know if you do have any success!!!

Stephen

If he is able to have his new Christmas release out this year, it is more likely for you to have such an occasion.

Good luck :wink:

I remember meeting him for the first time.
I had had thoughts and ideas that I had long held to tell him about the Carpenters but when someone that you have been admiring appears in front of you, you have stage fright and trouble talking to him as well as you expected.
Your heart's throbbing and your hands are trembling.
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to see Karen in person.
If I'd had one,...Gee, I can't tell how happy and excited I would have been! :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom