• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Fave K&R single /album cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

I have a favorite single and a favorite album cut. I'm wondering what are other members faves? While there are many to choose from, currently my fave single is CLOSE TO YOU. This is because last week I had a nephew and with each sibling's arrival, upon my initial embrace, I ever so softly sing "on the day that you were born....". This is tradition and introduces these young people to the beautiful sound of music. And the gentle sound of my voice.

My current favorite album cut is I'M CAUGHT BETWEEN GOODBYE AND I LOVE YOU. This song beautifully exhibits Karen's lower register which I find to be irresistable.

Jeff

My fave single would have to be a toss-up between "Only Yesterday" and "(Want You) Back in My Life Again." "Touch Me When We're Dancing" and any of the Passage singles ("All You Get from Love ...," "Sweet Sweet Smile," "Calling Occupants") would have to be up there, too. I don't know why I tend to like the later singles the best, but part of it definitely has to do with the fact that excessive radio play is the easiest way in the world to make me sick of a song, and it's usually the earlier Carpenters singles that I hear the most of. Plus, I think I find the Horizon-and-onwards records a little bit more interesting and slicker in terms of production ('specially "Only Yesterday," which is an unbelievably well-produced record!).
My fave album track, though, would have to be "I Kept on Loving You." (Actually, I think that's my fave track on Close to You, period!) It's just a heck of a hook!

Jeff F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom