• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Favorite BMB Vocal...

What is your favorite vocal by the BMB?

• "Goin' Out The Side Door" (entire band)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • "Winchester Cathedral" (Frank Devito)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Wall Street Rag" (Frank Devito)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Flyin' High" (entire band)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • "Do You Know The Way To San Jose?" (Frank Devito)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • "I Don't Want To Walk Without You" (Julius Wechter)

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • "Fresh Air" (entire band)

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bill

Gentlemanly Curmudgeon
Staff member
To continue on Mike B's notion... I'll pose the question in regards to the BMB (Yes, I know, should put it in the main A&M Forum since this is the TJB forum -- I'm putting it here to continue the "best vocal" train of thought here... Give me a break! it's my 999th post, too, doncha know)...

I think I know which will come out on top but I have a couple faves besides that one...

--Mr Bill

Without a doubt and unquestionably, it's "I Don't Want To Walk Without You" for me. Back in the '60s I wasn't a BMB fan, but when this one, which actually got airplay on the radio, hit, I liked it immediately. Still do. Julius' vocals are right-on and perfect, IMHO.

Harry
...having no trouble with this California ballot, online...

"Fresh Air" here. That song, along with "Always Something There To Remind Me," is my favorite BMB song (and infuriatingly, neither has ever shown up on a CD compilation!!) :mad:

I voted for "Flyin' High" because it's one of the first BMB vocals that really caught my attention. It's so upbeat, fun and infectious. (Gee, I wonder if this could have led to my flying career?) :tongue:

A close second (and it's not on the list) would be "She's Leaving Home" from Fowl Play. The arrangement perfectly captures the mood of the song.

Of course, I've been a fan of Fowl Play for as long as I can remember. It was the first BMB reel-to-reel my Father bought. I'd listen to it constantly, "Summer Samba" being somewhat of an anthem to my childhood. In fact, I mentioned this in the "Tribute To Julius Wechter" here at the Corner.

I also told Cissy the same thing at the Wechter Event in Glendale...she hugged and thanked me for the comment. I was more than happy to express my feelings. After all, it's one of the happiest musical memories of my life. :wink:

Jon

...who is ready to trade the heat of a "Summer Samba" for the crisp air of a "Winter Wonderland", online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom