• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

FIRST POST - Hello everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actorman

Hi there!

I have been reading this board for the past several months and finally decided to join and start participating in the discussions. It's great to find a group both passionate and knowledgeable about the most incredible vocalist to ever walk this planet, Karen Carpenter and the wonderful body of work she and her brother created.

I wanted my first post to be something unique and interesting so I thought I would present a "Top 20" list. I have almost every Carpenters song saved on my computer at work and listen to them most everyday - a total of 157 tracks (no duplicate songs) totalling 9 hours and 14 minutes of heavenly listening pleasure.

The computer keeps a tally of the number of times each song is played, so just out of curiosity, I put them in order of "most played" to see which songs I for whatever reason have listened to the most at work. The results were kind of interesting (to me at least.)

1. Crystal Lullaby (44 plays)
2. Sandy (43)
3. At The End Of A Song (42)
4. Road Ode (41)
5. (A Place To) Hideaway (41)
6. Leave Yesterday Behind (40)
7. Now (39)
8. Rainbow Connection (39)
9. Look To Your Dreams (36)
10. Your Baby Doesn't Love You Anymore (35)
11. Last One Singin' The Blues (35)
12. You're Just In Love (34)
13. You're Enough (34)
14. Two Lives (33)
15. Two Sides (33)
16. You're The One (32)
17. Bacharach/David Medley (24)
18. Let Me Be The One (23)
19. Without A Song (22)
20. Drucilla Penny (21)

So, there you have it. Not necessarily my all-time favorites (though many of them are) but at least my current ones. Thought that might be a fun way to do a countdown. I will check again in a few months and see how it changes.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Scott

Welcome Scott. Interesting list there - and it's nice that your computer can do that for you.

With no duplicate songs in your list, that begs the question: Which versions do you have on there? Remixes? Re-Records? Original mixes? Album mixes? Single mixes? - There's so many to choose from! Perhaps you have your favorite version chosen for each song.

Again, welcome.

Harry
...welcoming a new member, online...

Oooooh, I love it that you have Crystal Lullaby as the most played! I've always been so very fond of this song. And I think it's been much underrated!

Welcome, Scott! We're looking forward to your opinions here!

Marilyn

"Druscilla Penny", huh? LOL!! I've always like that one. It's John Bettis at his most caustic. I love the way Richard puts it across too. He doesn't try to sneer the lyric. He just reads it straight and the song is all the better for it.

Ed

Welcome, Scott! Glad to have you hear! And happy to see that one of my all-time favorites, "At The End Of A Song" made #3 on your list!
Welcome!

Only one problem with that list.....it shows Crystal Lullaby played 44 times, but "Road Ode" only 41 times. I think there is a law somewhere in Carpenters lore that "Crystal Lullaby" must ALWAYS be immediately followed by "Road Ode." (At least that's the way it is in my universe!) :)

Mike Blakesley said:
Only one problem with that list.....it shows Crystal Lullaby played 44 times, but "Road Ode" only 41 times. I think there is a law somewhere in Carpenters lore that "Crystal Lullaby" must ALWAYS be immediately followed by "Road Ode." (At least that's the way it is in my universe!) :)

That is a rather "cliche" transition...it sets the perfect mood though. -Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom