1. A&M Corner can now be found on Instagram! Follow us on our new account at @a.m.corner .
    You may also follow us on Twitter: @amcorner.
  2. We have received word that UMe is aware of the problem with the Carpenters vinyl releases, both the box sets and the individual LPs, and has offered a solution. To receive a replacement, send a proof of purchase to UMGCustomerSupport@umusic.com. UMe prefers email, but those who prefer phone contact may call 1-800-288-5942 to speak to Customer Support.

Harriet - (Singer with echoes of Karen Carpenter)*

Discussion in 'A Song For You: The Carpenters Forum' started by wideawakeat4am, Dec 7, 2014.

1. song4u

song4u Well-Known Member

Thanks for keeping us posted. I don't have time to check in very often on her sites. :)

2. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

Rick-An Ordinary Fool Well-Known Member

FL
    Ahh, I didn't notice that, your right on 2nd look it appears to be a single CD called Fly....hmm Olivia recorded a song called Fly as well but never released commercially from the Snowden on Ice tv show.

3. garyjo777

garyjo777 Member

It seems Harriet and her producer have released a "taste" preview of her next single/EP. I would imagine the release date is soon. This song appears a bit more upbeat. https://soundcloud.com/harrietsmusic

Jamesj75 likes this.
  4. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

FL
    That is more upbeat, I like it...can't wait for more details on purchasing this.

5. song4u

song4u Well-Known Member

I am pleased that she has the ability to do a more uptempo song. I thought, since she formerly sang with a jazz band, that she likely could. That's a nice tune. Thanks for posting it. :)

6. song4u

song4u Well-Known Member

Also, she chose a beautiful picture for the cover.

7. garyjo777

garyjo777 Member

This just in. She has posted a promotional video on YouTube. Harriet tweeted to get the word out.

AM Matt likes this.
  8. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

FL
    Wow, really nice video intro to her music and accolades, can't wait to hear more.

9. song4u

song4u Well-Known Member

That's a really lovely promo video. Let's hope it helps her career!

10. song4u

song4u Well-Known Member

New video is on YouTube!

11. garyjo777

garyjo777 Member

I love the song and of course Harriet is a beautiful young lady. Having been to London to visit, I love the scenes. I am not too sure about the black and white or the video itself, but I will take it. I gather the single will be officially released in a couple of weeks, and hopefully the album in a short time after that. I am not sure about these things but I assume the CD will be available in the states at the same time, or shortly thereafter. I guess we will find out.

12. song4u

song4u Well-Known Member

Her website is http://www.harrietsmusic.com so keep an eye out.

13. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

FL
    U.S. iTunes has the single available for pre-order now and says it will be released on May 5
    I like the song and will buy it when it's released, I like the video too, since I'm in the US and have never been to London, it was cool walking with Harriet while I enjoy her and the new single, although I was getting a bit dizzy at times (she's a fast walker) :laugh:

14. garyjo777

garyjo777 Member

song4u likes this.
  15. Nicko

Nicko Active Member

UK
    Harriet's posted a new track on Soundcloud a cover of Michael Jacksons "she's out of my life"

16. garyjo777

garyjo777 Member

Yes, she has posted it on YouTube as well. Excellent performance.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool likes this.
  17. song4u

song4u Well-Known Member

18. song4u

song4u Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  19. song4u

song4u Well-Known Member

Did anyone in London have the opportunity to see Harriet's set at the Bedford tonight? If so, please tell us.

20. garyjo777

garyjo777 Member

Okay, so I was able to see Harriet's set online yesterday. She did 7 or 8 songs (it was difficult watching while I was at work, but got most of it). Most of the songs were captured by one fellow and posted on YouTube. Here is the link. I think she did very well. The videos are actually better that what I saw on the live stream. ( I would have posted the live stream but found out about it shortly before her performance).

https://www.youtube.com/user/JUMPINVIDS go to videos

Most of the songs she performed are there. Single is out next week officially.

21. garyjo777

garyjo777 Member

22. song4u

song4u Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for posting that!

23. Rick-An Ordinary Fool

FL
    Thanks, I really enjoyed that....it's hard to pick up the true sound from a concert like this on a you tube video, I'm sure the sound was much better live being there in person but this is great for those who couldn't attend to hear.