• The new Carpenters recording with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra is now available. Use this link to order, and help us out at the same time. Thank you!

Heard Carpenters

GaryAlan

It is not--nor was it ever-- a Richard v. Karen scenario.
For myself, anyway, it is about History of "the Carpenters" as a duo.
If there is "source" material/documentation that differs from one another,
I take the earliest known source as closest to the truth--whatever that "truth" entails.
Sources further from the event are less reliable--that is generally accepted when digging for historical evidence.
Nothing else to it.
History.

GDB2LV

Just saw a new and much longer promo for the ABC show Big Sky, coming in November 2020. They play much more of Top Of The World throughout the promo. Some of it very clear, and some partially muted, that it’s a mystery, thriller type show. Looks interesting. Hope they actually use it in the series when it aires next month.

Guitarmutt

OK, this was weird and random: I’m in a shop. Ads in the speakers and a tiny bit of the conclusion of Top of the World instrumental. Another ad. I blinked, it was gone. I don’t know which ad it belongs to, but it was clearly Carpenters. You can’t mistake the sound, production, fingers. Anyone? Ideas??

crescentnoon

Just heard the tail end of 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' on a Top 10 'oldies' station that now plays mostly 80s and hardly ever Carpenters. At the end, the host said 'Mmm to have a voice like that!'
I thought I needed to login here right now and share! 🙂

goodjeans

Just heard the tail end of 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' on a Top 10 'oldies' station that now plays mostly 80s and hardly ever Carpenters. At the end, the host said 'Mmm to have a voice like that!'
I'm glad that you did.
That vocal is my favorite vocal of all time by anyone.

A&M Retro

Glad you did! 👍👍

Top Bottom