Herb Alpert, Tijuana Brass And Other Delights ON BBC4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Herb have any ownership rights to the BBC doc? I doubt that we'll see it on PBS unless he does, and that would depend on his views regarding participating in pledge drives and the possibility of someone having to pay 200-500 bucks for the package said DVD would be included in.

I'm sure it will wind up on youtube pretty soon.

Dan

In case there's anyone who missed it, the BBC are showing the documentary again tonight on BBC4 at 11:30pm (GMT)... And of course it'll be available for 7 days on BBC's i-Player facility...

Just in case there are any UK Herbivores out there who haven't already seen this, the BBC are showing it yet again tonight... BBC4, 11:25pm (GMT)

I saw it first time round and I've tried downloading it to pass on to other Herb & TJB fans outside the UK but those BBC scoundrels have managed to block it so far. The best thing all round would be a DVD-release, and fast otherwise pretty soon it'll all be on YouTube, or pirated elsewhere thus hurting potential sales figures...

Other BBC music documentaries have been released before on DVD, the Syd Barrett doc springs to mind, so hopefully the Herb doc will see the light of day someday soon...

Anyhow, rant over. The doc is on again tonight, don't miss it...

The following black and white photo goes real quick, so freeze youtube at 6:54 into the Herb Alpert video and you will see a nifty shot of Janis Hansen and Lani Hall.

lj said:
The following black and white photo goes real quick, so freeze youtube at 6:54 into the Herb Alpert video and you will see a nifty shot of Janis Hansen and Lani Hall.

That YouTube clip has edited some stuff out (I guess to fit more "substance" into the 10 minutes allotted), so that photo is a zoomed in version. Here's the picture before it's zoomed:

B66BBC4.JPG

Harry

Thanks Harry for showing the full picture of the original Brasil 66 gang. It's a cool picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom