Hettienne Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

byline

Hubby and I just started watching Hannibal, and I was immediately struck by the resemblance I see between Karen and Hettienne Park. If Karen had been of Asian descent, I can imagine her looking like Hettienne; same facial structure, similar speaking voice, etc. Does anyone else see a similarity?
75282.jpg

I certainly do. And Ms.Park is one attractive lady!

With Karen, one sometimes sees in certain photos and vids her everyday 'girl next door' look. Other times, it's 'Ooh yeah... I could live with that!' For me, her beauty is enhanced by who she was as a whole - a good kid who was always willing to please.

[Disclosure: Middle-aged, straight guy, Caucasian :) ]

So true, Tapdancer. With Karen, there was also that humor always dancing just below the surface that made her so (as Tom Nolan observed in his Rolling Stone article) "interesting" to look at. Karen was an "old soul" who, even in her younger years, looked older than her chronological age. In fact, I often think she looks older when she was younger than she did in her later years ... if that makes any sense. Just a lot going on inside that was reflected in her unique beauty. I see that in Hettienne, as well. This is why, in my opinion, it's so difficult to find an actress capable of truly inhabiting the role of Karen. Many subtle aspects of Karen's personality are difficult to portray unless one is gifted in that art of absorbing and reflecting another person's characteristics.

Speaking of which ... has anyone else noticed a facial similarity between Mr Richard Carpenter and a young Jean-Claude Van Damme? ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom