Is LOVELINES out of print?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Charter A&M Corner Member
Staff member
Site Admin
A post over at the Steve Hoffman forum announced that LOVELINES is now out of print. I checked Amazon.com and CDUniverse for availability and sure enough, Amazon only has used copies through marketplace sellers, and CDUniverse lists the remaster as backordered since January and the older version as backorderd since July of last year.

This could be a serious blow to future Carpenters fans!

Harry

Good question. I posted something about this on my site last year.

It seemed that many of the Amazon releases went to OUT OF STOCK and then they got them back in. Perhaps it will be the same as this.

Perhaps Richard will make these OUT OF PRINT like he did with "Made In America" and "Passage" before the 30th Anniversary Remasters. Perhaps there's a 40th Anniversary Remasters coming up?

A quick check of our catalog* shows the same thing: Not listed.

I hope this gets reissued someday as there are some killer tracks on it!

*For fans who don't know, I sell CDs (among other things) by day and run a movie theatre by night.

I think it's out of print, but luckily I found a used CD for $2.99 in the cutouts recently. Once saw it on vinyl but passed on it when I should have picked it up.
JB

Poking around a few non-US sites shows some kind of availability, but nothing concrete. HMV in Japan shows a Japanese edition listed as still available. Amazon in Canada lists two versions, both saying IMPORT, so I wonder if they really have them. Amazon in the UK also lists the title as an import, so the same question applies. Perhaps these latter two have some leftover stock before it went out-of-print.

Japan seems the most promising, as they tend to have a wider range of titles going in and out of print at any one time.

Harry

Harry said:
A post over at the Steve Hoffman forum announced that LOVELINES is now out of print. This could be a serious blow to future Carpenters fans!

I completely agree with you Harry. This is an incredible album; The song selection, arrangements, track sequence etc.

I have always been amazed at how this album sounds planned; As if it was done with an overall concept (i.e. songs recorded all in one time period, selected by both Karen and Richard for a single project), although we know this was not the case. Instead we have a compilation of tunes comprised of sweetened outtakes with a few remixes. I've always described this album as sounding very "fresh". Hopefully it will make it back into the catalog at some point. -Chris

This is bad news! My heart belongs
to the duo but this was one killer
project! Phil and Karen took multitracking to a place it has never been.....very complex work.
I still find it fascinating!

JIM

Well, I just went to a local music store and on LOVELINES they put a sticker saying "THIS CATALOG IS NOW OUT OF PRINT". So, I bought it! Ha ha! I needed a copy for my car!

I don't think LOVELINES was issued as a REMASTERED CLASSIC. I have never seen it with the GOLD side, am I wrong?

CarpentersToYou said:
I don't think LOVELINES was issued as a REMASTERED CLASSIC. I have never seen it with the GOLD side, am I wrong?

Actually, "LOVELINES" *was* part of the Remastered Classics catalog as I own a copy of it. This was also the case with "The Singles, 1969-1973". For some reason the latter was pulled much sooner than the former. -Chris

Thank obsession and compulsion in securing four copies. One is the original release...opened. One is the Remastered Classics...opened and two never to be opened copies of Lovelines Remastered Classics. Now that this horrible information regarding CarpenterS catalog cut-outs has surfaced I'm going to swoop thru every one of the local used record shops and I suggest you guyz do too. On one particular swoop I found a sealed lp Lovelines. If I score big I'll letcha all know and if so I'd be happy to share the loot.

This is not one of the happiest threads we've ever had. A diminishing catalog is not perking me up. I'm also going to haunt my buddy at Tower and see what comes from the horse's mouth.

Keep ya posted,

Jeff

I just can't believe that an album as good as this one it already out of print. :cry:

I have the following copies:

1 Original CD 3931
1 Mini LP Style CD from Japan (when they were sold separetly) bought off Ebay.
Another Copy that's included in the 35th Anniv Black Box Limited Edition
1 Original LP

I don't have the US Remastered but since I have 2 copies from Japan (the mini style CD's I think these were the Remastered ones.

I'm glad too that I got Treasures (Japan) before it also went out of print.

..who hates to see Carpenters Discs go out of print....

I was also quite shocked over this
news. I have 3 copies but I went
to gemm and ordered a couple just
in case. I am wondering if Richard
has plans to re release in 5.1
or SACD? Fans ask might shed some
light on this issue.

JIM

GOOFUS I had Lovelines confused
with Karen Carpenter but still
hate the thought of any Carpenters
album out of print. Kiss Me The Way