It's All About Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura Nyro's Time & Love, also done by Barbra Streisand, Petula Clark & The 5th Dimension...

Jackie Cain and Roy Kral as well as I think even Burt Bacharach (on his Futures album; an Instrumental) did a different "Time And Love", too...

Then there's, Time After Time -- Chris Montez...

In the very obscure: Tim Weisburg: Tyme Cube and It's Going To Take Some Time by Gabor Szabo...

Dave

(I've Had) the Time of My Life - Patrick Swayze (from Dirty Dancing)

There's also the song "Good Riddance" by Green Day, which many people call "Time of your Life."

Another Obscurity: Time, written by John Miles which I have on Melissa Manchester's Singin' album...: ...'Til the last sands of time blow away...

And also in the "Obscurities" Dept:

Time Rag -- Joan Baez

This Time Tomorrow -- Tamiko Jones

This Moment In Time -- Engelbert Humperdinct

There's No Time -- Gino Vannelli

Kissin' Time -- Bobby Rydell ...and also covered by (--Very Embarrassing!) Kiss!!! :oops:

Dave

The Alan Parsons Project also did "Some Other Time," and he has a solo album called THE TIME MACHINE. (which is out of print.)

Mike B.

BTW: The entire Alan Parsons Project catalog is getting reissued in deluxe editions next year...about freaking time!

Time Is Tight -- Booker T. and The M.G.'s

Time Waits For No One -- The Friends of Distinction (written by Neil Sedaka, and he put out his own version on his Steppin' Out reissue CD as a Bonus Track...)

Stealin' Time -- Gerry Rafferty

Times Of Your Life -- Paul Anka

Just In Time -- The Doobie Brothers

For Old Times Sake -- Carly Simon (from LP Boys In The Trees...)

Any Old Time -- Jimmie Rodgers (--Though it was "the old" Singing Brakemen Rodgers)...; Maria Muldaur and We Five also covered...

Nicolette Larson had an album entitled In The Nick Of Time and John Davidson also had an album entitled Times Of Your Life...

Dave

Getting really into the offbeat realm here, Talk Talk has a song called "Time It's Time" on their most excellent album THE COLOUR OF SPRING. Adventurous souls are encouraged to check it out.

Time Is Time -- Andy Gibb ...An almost-"Shadows Dancing" sound-alike, which should'a been just as Big!!

Hot Fun In The Summer-TIME -- Sly & The Family Stone
sly.gif

Dave

This is fun! A lot of great songs mentioned here.

I'll add a couple to the list:

"Time of the Season" by The Zombies

And one of my absolute favorite Mamas & Papas album cuts, "Once Was A Time I Thought"

Two more obvious selections from the Gabor Szabo catalog...:

Time -- from his album, Macho...

and

Every Minute Counts -- from his Nightflight LP...

Dave

Two Artists have a song called Time Machine...: Gary Wright and Grand Funk Railroad...

Dave

Robert Williams' "Time To Dance Again" from the EP Buy My Record.

sp12401.jpg

--Mr Bill
who picked up the Japanese Chris Montez Time After Time on my last day in Japan (along with two Claudines) from a small shop Mike showed me outside the base back gate.

Captain Bacardi - Good one! I am a huge Peter Allen fan, so I can't believe I didn't think of that one yesterday! (By the way, every time I see your name on here the line "waiter bring us some more Bacardi" from Peter's "Everything Old Is New Again" pops into my head!)

Dave - I think of two different songs when I hear the title "Let The Good Times Roll." The one from the 1950's (I think) by Shirley & Lee and of course, the one from the 1970's by The Cars. (Which I think is actually just titled "Good Times Roll" but I can't remember for sure.)

For fun, let's throw a couple of show tunes into the mix:

"This Time" from Cabaret
"Springtime For Hitler" from The Producers
"Get Me To The Church On Time" from My Fair Lady
"Younger Than Springtime" from South Pacific
"This Time Next Year" from Sunset Blvd.

Okay... a few more just popped into my head:

"Nick of Time" by Bonnie Raitt

"Suspended In Time" by Olivia Newton-John (from the Xanadu soundtrack)

"Time and Tide" by Basia (That was an album title, anyway. I am assuming it was also a song.)

"Twilight Time" by The Platters

"By The Time I Get To Phoenix" by Glen Cambell (Written by Jimmy Webb)

By The Time I Get To Phoenix was covered by enough Artists to make that the Most-Recorded "Time Song"...

So the Let The Good Times Roll by Shirley and Lee is also the one also recorded by everyone from Little Richard to Barbra Streisand... There is also a similarily-titled song also recorded by Rita Coolidge...

I had a Hugo Montenegro album, Good Vibrations which also features the song, Another Time, Another Place, which I'm wondering is also the one done by Engelbert... (I think it's from some movie...)

Is there such a song called Circles In Time...? Somehow I remember seeing it (--Well, HERE, actually...) and I don't rememeber if the artist's (s') name was by it or not... :shrug:

I shall now end my yet, another take on this with a sort of "honorable" mention of...:

(This Is) The Last Time by Bread...

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom