• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

It's nearly THAT time again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHIL

Christmas music time nearly here! When do you start playing your Carpenters festive albums? I usually wait till my Birthday ( Nov 4). :bigsanta:

The day after Thanksgiving- but it takes determination to wait.

Every year, the first time I hear the opening vocals of "Sleigh Ride", I get goosebumps!

I usually listen just right around HALLOWEEN. But truth be told, I will listen any time of the year...but at Christmas time is when their music touches me deeply.

Cam

I usually wait until almost Thanksgiving before I plop in Christmas Portrait SE and give it a listen. It might be sooner this year since I have a copy in my pickup.

OK> Maybe I'm the wierd one, but I will listen to Christmas Portrait whenever I am feeling down, out and alone.
Karen's warm readings seem to cradle me, comfort me and always renews my faith in humanity. :love:

You all may not believe this, but I actually play the Carpenters Christmas albums all year long. I have them all on cassette tapes which I have going constantly at my desk at work....all year long. (as well as Herb & TJB, Baja Marimba Band, Claudine Longet, Burt Bacharach, Sandpipers, Punch, Liza Minelli, Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 and all of our wonderful A&M family!).

Surely not before the first advent sunday, which this year will be 11/27. But then the christmas albums of Carpenters, Manilow, Diamond and Streisand will be played very often in my house. I wait till Christmas Eve before I play the Christmas oratory by Bach.

Bruno
who hates the christmas markets, which are being set up in the ware houses much too early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom