• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

JEEZ!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, at 25 cents each, you could make 1,860 CD-Rs and break even! :D

Rudy said:
If you thinik that's ridiculous in and of itself, it's even more ridiculous in context! The previous day, the same guy overpaid for ANOTHER copy of this exact same CD:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1575&item=2549419359

Meanwhile, already up for bid during ALL the time that he was overbidding on these two, was:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1575&item=2549741349

which was won at the opening price by someone who bid up the first guy on both the other copies well past $200 before giving up on those and placing his opening bid on this one which nobody ever challenged!!!

Meanwhile, look at what went UNSOLD at even lower prices a week earlier:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2548049792&category=43631

(Although I don't have the link to it, I remember that the same item was up for auction a week or two before, and at that point it got a bit over $100 and the reserve had still not been met.)

Meanwhile, the previous two copies (before this round of madness) that sold a couple weeks ago sold for $31.00 and $61.01 (EXTREMELY reasonably compared to the one that starts this thread!).

And this is just about the most that ANY TJB CD has ever gone for on eBay in the last year or two. I've seen both SRO and TABC sell for less multiple times (and in fact bought one myself for somewhat less and the other for WAY WAY less), even tho those come up only a few times a year at best, while WCAOD usuallly comes up multiple times a week!

Btw, the only reason that the copy Rudy posted the link to sold for ONLY $465 is because I had a slower-the-average connection that day. Had my pages been reloading faster, I suspect it would have gotten to at least $500 even. (But, no, I didn't want to buy this CD at the price and wasn't expecting to :).)

walterphil said:
i just noticed a shrink wrapped copy
of greatest hit vol 2
(a banda, flamingo, etc.)
for 17.99
think its worth it?

walt
That seems a pretty good price these days for a sealed copy. It sometimes sells for as little as half that (used, not sealed), but one copy sold for much more than that today (due to the same overpayer who's the reason for this thread).

It tends to come up at least once every few weeks (tho it's listed all sorts of ways, so sometimes you don't realize which one it is until you click through), so don't feel you have to bid up high to get this, just wait until no one who's desparate is bidding on it and/or till no one else seems to have found it (because you found a badly listed one that others missed!).

And remember to place only one bid as close to the bid ending time as possible. If you bid too early, that'll only cause others to try to outbid you, whereas they won't bother if they can't tell (until too late) how much you WERE GOING to bid.

As to the CD itself, it's my personal favorite of all the compilations, as (by being a followup to the first GH) it only focuses on the later period of the TJB (unlike any other compilation). That also means it largely gathers tracks from albums that so far have never made it to CD at all.

For goodness sake! I bought mine a couple of years ago for around $19 at Tower Records in Mountain View, CA. -- and they had tons of 'em. This is nonsense. $465 for a CD copy of Whipped Cream? I mean, it is a sensational album, but is the CD really all that rare? I saw one in the used bin at Rasputin in Campbell about a month ago. It was selling for $25. I remember laughing to myself, remembering that I had purchased my own for a whopping $19. Oh well, in the eyes of a devoted fan, hard to say what one is willing to spend, let alone what it might do to their pocket book! :shock:

Jon

...astounded, online...

stefandaystrom said:
Btw, the only reason that the copy Rudy posted the link to sold for ONLY $465 is because I had a slower-the-average connection that day. Had my pages been reloading faster, I suspect it would have gotten to at least $500 even. (But, no, I didn't want to buy this CD at the price and wasn't expecting to :).)

I kind of figured that--I saw who the #2 bidder was. Let's hope the buyer never finds your post here in this forum. :wink: :D :winkgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom