• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

🎵 AotW Jeffrey Osborne - STAY WITH ME TONIGHT (SP-4940)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPJim

Staff member
Jeffrey Osborne
STAY WITH ME TONIGHT

A&M SP-4940

sp4940.jpg

A1 Don't You Get So Mad [Horn Arrangements] – George Duke, Jeffrey Osborne [Assistant Engineer] – Barbara Rooney, Matt ForgerWritten-By – Don Freeman, Jeffrey Osborne, Michael Sembello 3:48
A2 We're Going All The Way [Horn Arrangements] – Jerry Hey [Assistant Engineer] – Steve Schmidt Written-By – Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil* 4:15
A3 Stay With Me Tonight [Horn Arrangements] – Jerry Hey [Assistant Engineer] – Steve Schmidt Written-By – Raymond Jones 4:15
A4 Greatest Love Affair [Horn Arrangements] – Jerry Hey [Assistant Engineer] – Barbara RooneyWritten-By – Jeffrey Osborne, Sam Dees 5:01
A5 Plane Love [Horn Arrangements] – Jerry Hey [Assistant Engineer] – Nick Spigel Written-By – David "Hawk" Wolinski 4:00
B1 Other Side Of The Coin
[Horn Arrangements] – Jerry Hey [Assistant Engineer] – Matt Forger, Nick Spigel, Steve SchmidtWritten-By – Carlos Vega, Don Freeman, Jeffrey Osborne
3:38
B2 I'll Make Believe
[Horn Arrangements] – Jerry Hey [Assistant Engineer] – Barbara RooneyWritten-By – Geoffrey Leib, Jeffrey Osborne
5:04
B3 When Are You Comin' Back?
[Horn Arrangements] – George Duke, Jeffrey Osborne [Assistant Engineer] – Barbara Rooney Written-By – Don Freeman, Jeffrey Osborne, John McGhee*​
4:01
B4 Forever Mine
[Horn Arrangements] – Jerry Hey [Assistant Engineer] – Nick SpigelWritten-By – George Duke, Jeffrey Osborne, Leon Ware
5:14
B5 Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right
[Horn Arrangements] – Jerry Hey [Assistant Engineer] – Barbara Rooney, Matt Forger Written-By – Geoffrey Leib, Jeffrey Osborne
4:39

• Arranged By [Rhythm Arrangements], Producer – George Duke
  • Arranged By [Rhythm Arrangements], Vocals – Jeffrey Osborne
  • Arranged By [String Arrangements] – George Del Barrio
  • Art Direction – Chuck Beeson, Lynn Robb
  • Design – Lynn Robb
  • Engineer [Additional Engineer] – Erik Zobler, Peter Chaiken*
  • Engineer [Recording], Engineer [Remix] – Tommy Vicari
  • Mastered By – Brian Gardner
  • Photography By – Lisa Powers
  • Producer [Production Assistant] – Cheryl R. Brown
  • Entered the Billboard Top 200 on August 6, 1983
  • Charted for 89 weeks and peaked at # 25
  • Available on CD
  • LINER NOTE: "I dedicate this album to Alvin Webb, one of the greatest human beings to ever grace this earth. Known to his loved ones as "Big Mel," his heartwarming spirit carried a very special positive energy that will live on forever and ever. And "Big Mel," ... I love that, and I hit this one for you."
JB

Last edited:
A lot more Ooomph here, than the usual chaff of the typical '80's balladry (wasn't that something that marred our last AOTW?!) and chart-topping schtick...!

"Don't You Get So Mad" ("About it, About it...") was the frontrunner here, and it makes more sense than the sappy, soppy "On The Wings Of Love" (Though, it probably didn't chart as high and still smacks of Ray Parker–Lite...!) just in the sense that something more upbeat, gives this even a marginal, but meaningful shift to the right direction...

Then again, given the fluff of Osborne's native group, LTD, it didn't add up to much more than just a tepid, moment of temporary momentum...

–– Dave

The title song is my favorite here - I think he sings his behind off and it's a great groove that still works today......produced very nicely sonically as well....

"Don't You Get So Mad" made it to #25 as a single. "On the Wings ..." made it to #29.

JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom