Karen's Drum Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is neat. Is this the kit she had patterned after Hal Blaine's octopus set? Also, I'd give just about anything to have one of Nick Ceroli's Camco kits complete with the "Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass" logo/lettering on the bass drum head. I'd be curious to know what happed to both sets (I understood Nick to say in a letter to Peter Pikel (sp?) that he had 2 sets...one which was used solely with the Tijuana Brass.

Tom (remembering Nick's ahead of his time legacy through DW drums) :D

This is apparently one of the drum sets that Ludwig sent to Karen at her request.

Harry

A bit scary: The person selling it has a "0" feedback score. Looks like the drums are the geniune article though.

From what I can gather, the guy selling it is a legal type, doing so for a "client".

Harry

I can tell you that this set *is* legit as it has been confirmed :wink: -Chris

This is apparently one of the drum sets that Ludwig sent to Karen at her request.

Isn't it amazing how things work. The more popular/famous/rich a person gets, the more FREE stuff they get, even though they could afford to buy whatever they want. I can understand the reasons why it happens, though. Don't get me wrong, I'm not resentful, just think it's kind of funny.

Mike Blakesley said:

Isn't it amazing how things work. The more popular/famous/rich a person gets, the more FREE stuff they get, even though they could afford to buy whatever they want. I can understand the reasons why it happens, though. Don't get me wrong, I'm not resentful, just think it's kind of funny.

It's free advertizing.

Companies such as Gibson & Fender, Ludwig, Roland & Korg give equipment to rock stars and professional musicians. They know that the musician fans will notice these instruments, then they'll want to buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom