• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

More Reissues On The Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Bacardi

Well, I hate to say "I told you so"...

...but...

I received a couple of e-mails from our good friend Randy Alpert, who said that there will be more TJB and solo Herb reissues heading our way in the near future!

No specific titles or release dates were given.

Randy is currently working with Herb on the songs they cut together, going through the multitracks and out-takes. Randy said that there "may just be a few surprises coming". He's having a lot of fun going through those tapes again. He said they cut quite a few songs from 1979-1985.

When I read that I asked him if only Herb's solo stuff would be reissued, and he replied that it was both the solo stuff and more TJB titles.

As always, when we get more info we'll post it ASAP!

Capt. Bacardi
...eagerly looking forward to 2007 online...

This is the best Christmas gift I could have received!!!!!!! Reckon I will be eating crow for quite some time now........but I don't mind one bit :laugh: :shock:

Great news, Captain! I knew Randy wouldn't have given you false info.
BTW, did you alert him to the phony reissues being sold on eBay so he may put a stop to the highwaymen that are doing it?

David,
glad to hear some good news for a change...........

Let us pray and give thanks... YeeeeeeHaaaawwww!

Awesome news, Captain!

Happy Holidays indeed!

Mike

Well, I'm glad that after all that more IS coming... Something "positive" for a change...! :tongue:artyhat:

Dave

It's almost as if it were part of the "Grand Plan". Early on, we heard about the plan of doing the main TjB albums throughout the year 2005. The next year, 2006, seemed to be reserved for the reissue project, REWHIPPED!, with nothing further announced on the schedule.

Yet we knew that RISE would ultimately be done, and I cannot imagine FANDANGO and other solo stuff sitting on the shelf forever, so it seems as if it's always been just a matter of being patient, and letting the job be done correctly and to Herb's standards and satisfaction.

This is good news. I'll be looking forward to hearing more "new" stuff along with the familiar.

Harry

Nathan Strum said:
Awesome news! (I knew transferring my other Herb Alpert LPs to CDs would do the trick. :wink: )

I needle dropped TBAC and WARM 6 months ago...Including scanning the cover art for jewel cases! Just my luck...

Oh well, hopefully now we'll get the real thing!

That's great news if it's true - mmm...... think I'll just wait before I see it in black and white before I get too excited! Is Randy Alpert connected with Shout!Factory or is this to be a seperate venture?

Harry said:
It's almost as if it were part of the "Grand Plan". Early on, we heard about the plan of doing the main TjB albums throughout the year 2005. The next year, 2006, seemed to be reserved for the reissue project, REWHIPPED!, with nothing further announced on the schedule

Not quite - we were given the impression that Herb's solo stuff would follow on into 2006 along with maybe the rest of the TJB catalogue - but nothing was ever actually promised to be fair. The Rewhipped album was a surprise, and I don't believe that it was the only album to be released in 2006 purely by co-incidence. I think maybe other stuff WAS planned but for whatever reason it got put back?

lonely bull said:
Is Randy Alpert connected with Shout!Factory or is this to be a seperate venture?

Randy has nothing to do with Shout. Herb asked him to help with some things and that's what he's doing.

Capt. Bacardi

Not quite - we were given the impression that Herb's solo stuff would follow on into 2006
To recap: The only thing that was really ever mentioned for 2006, besides REWHIPPED, was a RISE reissue. Why that never happened is open for speculation, but I'll bet the sales of REWHIPPED were better than they expected so they put off RISE until REWHIPPED had run its course...which has now happened.

Recapping the genesis of REWHIPPED: Originally, Randy created some music from various Herb tracks (not just WHIPPED CREAM tracks). This mix was rumored to be either (a) a project of its own, or (b) a promotional project that would be used to promote the reissues or (c) bonus tracks to be included somewhere. Instead of that project being released, Shawn Amos from Shout! came up with the idea of the REWHIPPED album and then when Herb heard those tracks, he was inspired to add his new trumpet parts.

Exciting news for 2007. Let us hope that ALL of the remaining TJB/HA albums that have never been released on CD are included in this project.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Len

This is very cool news. I'm happy that Mr. Alpert has found new joy in his classic work.

I'm still quietly waiting for the "TJB Club Mix Medley"

Feliz Navidad and Happy New Year amigos..............JO

WOW
That IS GREAT news!
Its still thrilling to go to record stores & see most of the Tiujana Brass CD's in the racks.
I'm still hoping for The Brass are Comin & Warm , then Vol 2, the all the BaJa & then my life will be COMPLETE!
Marty :thumbsup:

Yeah - well lets hope that the missing TJB albums are re-issued - PERSONALLY I don't want to see any remixes or medleys - please do the decent thing and re - issue Warm, Vol 2 and TBAC and maybe even Greatest Hits or other compilations?

If I could pick my TJB "dream projects" to be reissued, I'd like to see the following in order.

1. The remaining studio albums, especially WARM and SUMMERTIME
1. (tie) LOST TREASURES PART 2
2. The GREATEST HITS album, but fleshed out with more hit tracks to fill the CD
3. A box set with a good comprehensive essay detailing the history of the Brass (not written by Josh Kun), and track comments by Herb and other band members

If Herb never got around to the solo albums I'd still be able to sleep nights. They're all good in their own way, but the TJB is essential. (Except FANDANGO...that's essential too.)

Having said all that - I'll take whatever comes out. Just knowing that Herb is working on the project again pegs my anticipation meter!

Thats cool Mike!
Mine would be:
1. Volume 2
2. Warm
3. TBAC
4. Greatest Hits ( Orange U.S version )
5. Greatest Hits ( White European version )
6. Foursider
7. Summertime
8. Solid Brass
HERE'S HOPING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom