• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

New Mendes Tour Dates Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
Sergio Mendes & Brasil 2002 have added two days to their October schedule:

26 Oct 2002 @ Moore Theater in Seattle, WA.

27 Oct 2002 @ Bimbo's 365 Club in San Francisco, CA

Tickets for the Seattle gig go on sale 8/23/2002 at Ticketmaster, and the San Francisco on 8/17/2002 at Ticketweb.

-= N =-

I saw the Alan Parsons Project at the Moore Theatre in Seattle about 3 years ago. The place is in quite a seedy part of town, but it's a classic old theater. The sound in there was awesome, one of the best concert sound venues I've ever been in. It's small too...holds around 800 people, I estimate.

So if you can get to this gig, I would jump at the chance!

Hi, anybody know how much old stuff Brazil 2002 will be playing on this tour? i'm itching to go, but i want to make sure that some of the hits will be played. i went to see Herb a couple of years ago at Bimbos and was a little disappointed that he didn't play any TJB. He had plenty of adoring fans in attendance,but i would have like a nod to his older fans.

I'd be happy if Sergio came EAST every so often. :evil:
He hasn't played NYC since 1998 (If I remember correctly).

Though if he did, I'd be thrilled if he didn't trot out "Fool on the Hill/Mais Que Nada/Goin' Out/So Many Stars/Look of Love" and the inevitable Carnaval precussion section and went for less familar B'66 material, or even better - some NEW SONGS!

You can pretty much count on Sergio doing "Fool," "Look", "Mas" and (if Joe Pizzulo's along) "Never Gonna Let You Go." Aside from that, I have always been impressed with how he covers the gamut in his concerts--tunes that got airplay coupled with less well known (at least to "outsiders" :wink: ) tunes. Therefore, along with every "Daytripper" or "Pretty World" you can expect things like "Upa Neguinho" or that Pascoal tune from "Brasiliero" whose name escapes me at the moment. And he does tend to do at least one or two new (or at least unrecorded) songs every concert.

thanks! that's what i needed to know.
i'm always ready to hear the new stuff, but a few classics and a couple of old surprises would be cool.

he played here a couple of years ago but i didn't see any reviews.
i'll make it this time!
Bimbos is a cool place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom