• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

New VH1 commercial uses Carpenters song!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

There is a promo running on VH1 for the channel that uses the Carpenters' recording of "Sing". It was very clever and sounded amazing! It uses all modern day artists in clips from various videos to look like they are mouthing the words to "Sing". It's Karen's lead all the way through and you hear at least the first two verses of the song. It was speeded up a bit and the music was remixed somewhat, but Karen's voice was right on pitch and up front. It is very cool.

It was very well done and worth watching or taping VH1 to try and catch it! :)

Hey Andy,

I just saw it three times in the last 20 minutes during the broadcast of "The Surreal Life", so it should be easy to catch.

There is actually two versions of the commercial I've seen so far. One is a bit shorter than the other.

Chris

Sounds very neat ....just shows what can be done with great songs & imagination for Carpenters promotion ... :wink:

One innovative idea would be to select 15 ? directors to complete new short films for various Carpenters singles & favourite album tracks & release on TV Special , Video /DVD ....would be great to hear Carpenters in this way ...:cool:

Queen did this years ago after death of Freddie Mercury with great results for group & fans ..... :D

Peter

I first saw this commercial in the beginning of December. First Aquafina/TOTW and now this :confused: Richard must need some quick cash :D

Who else besides me thinks that Richard is "selling out"?

Well I finally saw this more than once, in fact there are 2 versions, a longer one and a shorter one.

I was in my room the other day cleaning up and the big tv was on in the living room and I heard Karen's voice on the first note and I went rushing to the living room to finally see this commercial. Alot of the artists used in that video I have never heard or or know but a few I did like Bono of U2.

GOODY4SHOES said:
I first saw this commercial in the beginning of December. First Aquafina/TOTW and now this :confused: Richard must need some quick cash :D
Who else besides me thinks that Richard is "selling out"?

Heehee...It's funny because I am starting to get the idea that Richard is actually becoming a little LESS of a "tight-wad" (with all due respect of course) where the music is concerned, and I don't mean in monetary terms either. He is finally getting around to releasing stuff over the last few years (i.e. "As Time Goes By") that has some real value to die-hard fans, this after he specifically told me in a conversation 3 years earlier (as well as others I'm sure) that there was nothing left in the vault at A&M archives that he was planning to let go of. He started a new website and answers technical questions that none of us ever thought he'd get around to answering, at least publicly. He is slowly getting around to completing a Christmas album again (which I wouldn't be surprised if it had an unreleased "Karen" track as a bonus). He is allowing his music into commercials and specials, etc....

I don't know nor do I want to speculate as to whether or not this has anything to do with the length of time he has had to deal with the loss of Karen or what not, but I think we fans may be in for even more surprises over the next (5) years or so with regard to Carpenters related releases. Richard seems to be finding enjoyment now on the other side of the music with regard to the constant inlet of fan-based questions regarding the technical side of the music and appreciation for went INTO making the records, at times even moreso than final product of the records themselves. -Chris (...who STILL thinks Richard should write a book about the "technical side" online...)

Chris May said:
I don't know nor do I want to speculate as to whether or not this has anything to do with the length of time he has had to deal with the loss of Karen or what not, but I think we fans may be in for even more surprises over the next (5) years or so with regard to Carpenters related releases. Richard seems to be finding enjoyment now on the other side of the music with regard to the constant inlet of fan-based questions regarding the technical side of the music and appreciation for went INTO making the records, at times even moreso than final product of the records themselves. -Chris (...who STILL thinks Richard should write a book about the "technical side" online...)

Chris, this is an excellent post by you that I have quoted above from you. I really agree with this and also feel the same. Why after all these years has he decided to go with idea of website and fan's ask? He must be enjoying it and I think we will see more stuff being released soon. I think he is finally realizing how much the fans are still with him even to this day...time heals but the hurt never goes away.

I just would like to add that almost everyone I know has seen this commercial and love it. They go around singing it all the time, which is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom