• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

NHK BS2, Dec. 27, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraSYayoi

As I posted in another thread "Richard and Mindi", they appeared on NHK BS2 again last night.
The program is called, "Miwaku no Standard Pops" (Fascinating Standard Pop). Richard and Mindi's performances and interview, about nearly 20 minutes, I think.

Richard played "Yesterday Once More". :love:
Interview.
Mindi sang "Little Altar Boy". :love: :love: :santa:
Richard sang "Together at Christmas Again". :love: :love: :bigsanta:
Richard played "Superstar / Rainy Days and Mondays". :love:

Mary, Taylor, Kristi, Colin and Traci were with audience. Camera focused on them only for seconds.

Richard answered how he and Karen started out Carpenters, what was the best memory as Carpenters, and about new album.
(Interview looks cut off or a host might talk more from previous interview at the taping.)
Richard is starting a solo album. Mindi will be doing some back vocals and lead, too, not a whole album.
A duo? "No, no, duo is Karen and me, Carpenters."

Sakura

SakuraSYayoi said:
"Together at Christmas Again"
"Superstar / Rainy Days and Mondays"
default.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oODtXzjW2Mo&fmt=18

Oh WOW, the feeling I got when the band struck up with 'Superstar' was chilling. The sound is exactly the way it always was in their heyday and you can't help but visualise/fantasise a 58 year-old Karen walking out on stage to accompany Richard. I almost thought he was going to sing this, except he pushes the mike away and we are reminded of the reality that it's only the piano these days to take her place. :sad:

Thank You for the link Sakura. :thumbsup:

I also got goosebumps watching this, it's so great to see him playing again. I was also thinking the same thing about Karen walking out on stage for the accompaniment. I can only imagine he was thinking the same thing.

This is quite a reasonable effort. Richard unashamedly in his bass register - and OK for live performance. The piano in the first number is the strongest part of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom