No Christmas Album by Richard for 2003 Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I just saw that at Yuko's Site it says:

No Christmas album from Richard

*Well, I do not know why but it looks like Richard is not releasing his new Christmas album...... at least not this year.

So why do u all think that he is not going to release it this year? Haven't we heard about this rumor of a"new" Christmas CD for a couple years now?

Well I just hope that when he does release it, that he will at least have 1 or 2 tracks with Karen, something maybe that hasn't been released before on CD. There is alot from their tv shows. Like Karen & Georgette singing Silent Night in (German) ??? Then there is Karen & Kristy McNichol with the Alphabet Song. Then there is Richard with Toyland which I thought was always very good.

So what others, Do U think that Richard has enough "Carpenters" Christmas songs to release a New CD. (meaning previous recording we have heard or not heard but never put out on CD)

Do u think this is a good idea for a new CD? I do. Of course nothing can replace the 2 Official Xmas Albums.

It's very sad to read that Richard's Christmas album probably won't get released this year...

I don't think there's enough material left in the vaults for another "Carpenters" Christmas album. We've got three duets -- "Christmas Alphabet" with Kristy McNichol, "Stille Nacht" with Georgia Engel, and "Adeste Fideles" with Gene Kelly. None of these is particularly long, and it's not known whether Karen's lead could be extracted from the lead vocals of her co-stars in order to create new versions of the songs (in a fan club newsletter, it was said that "Christmas Alphabet" would never be released because Karen and Kristy's vocals were recorded as a unison duet to one track).

There's the oft-rumored alternate version of "Ave Maria," which Karen mentioned in a radio interview. She said something to the effect of "We recorded both versions of the song," which leads most fans to believe that they recorded both the Bach/Gounod version (used on the album) and the Schubert version.

Karen and Richard appeared on a few other TV programs before they recorded CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT, and on at least one of those shows they performed a different version of "It's Christmas Time" (I think that's the song, or was it "Sleep Well, Little Children"?), which could be included.

Now if you stretch and consider the original single versions of "Merry Christmas, Darling" and "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town," you've got a couple more that technically haven't appeared on any of their Christmas albums yet.

I seriously doubt there is any other usable vocal material in the vaults. There *might* be a live recording or two of a Christmas song, from concerts given around Christmastime in the early '70s, but it's likely to be a song that ended up on one of the Christmas albums.

So I guess the answer to your query about another Carpenters Christmas album is that I don't think we'll ever see anything like that. If there is another version of "Ave Maria" in the vaults, we can hope it'll turn up on Richard's Christmas album. The other stuff would probably only surface on a DVD release of the Christmas specials.

David

I'm not too concerned with having a new Christmas album from Richard.To be honest,I'd rather have the original CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT on CD with it's original cover and original mixes.Incidentally,there are no Christmas tracks left in the vaults other than the duets listed above.

Yuka wrote that there were no informations about a release of Chrsitmas album or new Solo album last May. I did hope Christmas album would be released this year. Have you heard about new Solo album?

Richard said he imagined how Karen would sing a song that Richard wrote on Japanese TV last year. (I'm sorry but I hardly listen to him and I don't know how he said, because Japanese narrator mentioned the translation.) We may listen to Richard sing and imagine how Karen will sing songs on new Christmas album.

> There's the oft-rumored alternate version of "Ave Maria," which Karen mentioned in a radio
> interview. She said something to the effect of "We recorded both versions of the song," which
> leads most fans to believe that they recorded both the Bach/Gounod version (used on the album)
> and the Schubert version.

How about reading the transcript of "Christmas Portrait" Interview with Karen?
Transcript of radio broadcast on radio KIQQ Los Angeles, CA
December 24, 1978.
"Christmas Portrait" Interview with Karen Carpenter
http://www.leadsister.com/
GO TO ARTICLES -> December 24, 1978, on Radio Station KIQQ Los Angeles

I wish I could listen to the Schubert version of "Ave Maria", I really do.

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom