Offering Song List on Page 38 of Carpenters: The Musical Legacy

ringves

I was taking another look at my copy of Carpenters: The Musical Legacy the other day when I noticed something odd on page 38.

On that page, there is a photograph of the song list for the album Offering. The song "Saturday" appears on this list.

Is it possible that the Carpenters started work on "Saturday" in 1969, but did not complete it until they were working on the tan album a couple years later?

Chris or Harry: Do you have any insight on this?

I was taking another look at my copy of Carpenters: The Musical Legacy the other day when I noticed something odd on page 38.

On that page, there is a photograph of the song list for the album Offering. The song "Saturday" appears on this list.

Is it possible that the Carpenters started work on "Saturday" in 1969, but did not complete it until they were working on the tan album a couple years later?

Chris or Harry: Do you have any insight on this?
I finally saw your post on Facebook and responded this morning. Sorry about that!

Yes, a version of “Saturday” was first recorded in 1969 for Offering, then recorded again in ‘71 for The Tan Album!

VERY interesting! Thanks for confirming there were 2 versions.

Have you heard the 1969 version? Is it much different from the 1971 version?

VERY interesting! Thanks for confirming there were 2 versions.

Have you heard the 1969 version? Is it much different from the 1971 version?
I have not, no. Although when I look at the master, I imagine it sounding a lot like "Don't Be Afraid" sounded on the early demo vs. the album version.

Back
Top Bottom