• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

Picture of Eden

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK

Contributor
Last night I stumbled upon a nice recent color shot of Eden Alpert at a party:

http://blog.myspace.com/alexquinn

This is the My Space site of Anthony Quinn's son. Unfortunately it looks like the party was mostly "D-list" people--contestants on reality shows, etc., but if you scroll about 1/3 of the way down the page, there's Eden.

There's a pretty good reason why Eden looks nothing like Herb -she was adopted when she was a baby by Herb and Sharon.

Carol

I never heard that adoption story -- she looks a lot like Sharon Alpert. Attractive in her own way, but not as hot as Aria! :-P Wonder why we never hear or see anything of Dore???

--Mr Billl

Munchkn said:
There's a pretty good reason why Eden looks nothing like Herb -she was adopted when she was a baby by Herb and Sharon.

Eden was NOT adopted. And just look at her eyes and you WILL see Herb!

Capt. Bacardi

I could be wrong about the adoption, but....

I remember reading a newspaper article or two, way back when Eden was baby, which said that she was adopted. I didn't just read this in Photoplay or Modern Screen, but in the legitimate press. (For the youngsters here, Photoplay and Modern Screen were pre-People gossip rags.)

If you've ever seen the Look magazine article which came out in late spring or summer of '66, there is no mention of Eden and Sharon didn't look even a little bit pregnant. I'm pretty sure that Eden was 6 months old in the fall of 1966, so she should have been around somewhere if she were Herb and Sharon's biological daughter.

At one time you could access California's vital statistics data via Rootsweb. (Genealogy is one of my hobbies.) I was just killing time one day and I looked up when Herb's kids were born. I found the records for Dore's and Aria's births, but there was no record for Eden in 1966. (Or any other year IIRC.) Either Sharon gave birth to Eden someplace other than California or Eden is adopted.

Btw, it was common practice in the 50s and 60s to match adoptive parents and babies in terms of appearance and ethnicity.

Carol

For some reason, I remember 1968 being the year Eden was born...at least I THINK it was 1968...I could be wrong. several sources that I've checked list Herb and Sharon[whose maiden name was Lubin...] as having 2 children, but didn't give their names.

In close examination of both Eden's and Aria's photos, their faces appear to have VERY similar characteristics, especially the eyebrows and nostrils...very similar to Herb's...I think Eden looks more like Herb than Aria does...

She doesn't seem to go in for a lot of makeup...not that she really needs any...

Dan

I recall an old Time magzine article and learned Dore Alpert was born two days before me in 1960 and that Eden followed two years later in 1962...

--Mr Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom