• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Richard Carpenter album not sold in stores!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4013266275&ssPageName=STRK:MEBWA:IT

This sealed album was issued in 1987 by the Garden Grove Symphony in California with Richard Carpenter of the Carpenters conducting "Carpenters Fantasia" (the entire Side 1 of the album), a 15 minute medley of Carpenters hits such as:

Side 2 of the album includes "The Warsaw Concerto" and another extended classical piece. Very few of these were pressed and they were never sold in stores. A wonderful Carpenters collectible and beautiful music

I wish I heard this live album.
I read that this live was taped on October the 20th of 1985 and "Carpeters Piano Fantasy" was arranged by Peter Knight on Japanese site.
Is this official release?

Sakura

I own a copy of this LP. In fact, I attended the concert. Richard went to school with the conductor of the Garden Grove Symphony, so he agreed to perform with them. The recording is O.K. It sounds like the recordings you used to get in high school if you played in the orchestra. Two microphones placed above the stage.

The symphony is a community orchestra, so the talent is also just O.K. If you don't own the Carpenters piano fantasy, it might be good to get. The LP was sold only at the symphony concerts. It was a fund rasier for the orchestra. I purchased mine two years later when Richard returned to perform a Christmas show with the symphony.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Certainly worth getting for Carpenter Fantasia that Richard has not released on studio album ....not even PACC in 1997 :o

Does this album also contain Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue .....another great Richard performance :?:

Richard needs to issue these performances abnd others on a future 2 CD set compilation or Box set :)

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom