• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

RISE ALBUM QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOSYSTEM

Having pruchased the Rise Album over 20 years ago (approx). and loving one of the selections from it, i thought it was called Rotation. I lost the album when moving and went onto hear a sampling og this song from the internet and when I asked for Rotation, it was not the song I remembered. the song I am referring to is very upbeat, almost sounds like clapping, a great instrumental. can anyone help me with the name of this song? Appreciate it!
Susan

That's what I thought. Wonder why the Rotation on the internet (by Herb Alpert) is not that great song? Is it avail. on any other form (tape, CD?)
thx,
Susan

The song "Rotation" by Herb Alpert is currently available on the only Alpert compilation that IS in print, Definitive Hits. To listen online, check out

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2323723&cc=USD

The Tower Records site often has samples of EVERY track on an album, whereas amazon and some of the others only give you the first four or so from each album.

Harry
NP: "Rotation" - Herb Alpert

Get the Definitive hits, as I write to you I am listening to
"Rotation" Route 101 is a another great tune in the Definitive Hits collection that is sweet! :cool:

SOSYSTEM said:
Having pruchased the Rise Album over 20 years ago (approx). and loving one of the selections from it, i thought it was called Rotation. I lost the album when moving and went onto hear a sampling og this song from the internet and when I asked for Rotation, it was not the song I remembered. the song I am referring to is very upbeat, almost sounds like clapping, a great instrumental. can anyone help me with the name of this song? Appreciate it!
Susan

Since you say it was "upbeat", I'm thinking that you may be referring to "Aranjuez (Mon Amour)". It has a Middle-Eastern sounding section in the middle with a bunch of clapping.

Capt. Bacardi

SOSYSTEM said:
Thanks to everyone who responded. It is called "Behind the rain".

Oh Yeah!! "Behind The Rain" was a favorite from the moment I first heard it. I just about wore that particular track out on my Lp copy of the album.

In reference to "Rotation," at first I thought you might be referring to "Street Life". Alas, the clouds came in and out came the "Rain!" Such a wonderful, upbeat song!

Jon

...with happy memories of Rise, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom