• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

SACD on YouTube

My favorite track off the SACD is Calling Occupants. There are parts of the song that have been brought up in the mix and it gives me goosebumps listening to this. Listen closely at times 5:12 you hear the guitar slide way down and it’s incredible. Then you hear it slide back up at 5:20. Then at 6:00 it slides down again then 6:04 back up. Love love love this part. I back it up just to go back over that part again and again.

There are so many other parts that are brought up in the mix just an incredible experience to hear it like this.

All of this against Karen’s smooth yet calming vocals throughout the song makes this 5.1 track out of this world.
The guitar slides you mentioned, particularly at 5:12 and 6:00, highlight the meticulous attention to detail in the production process. These subtle nuances, combined with Karen's smooth and calming vocals, contribute to the overall impact of the song and elevate it to an extraordinary level.

Think I've said it before but imagine 'B'Wana She No Home' in 5.1 surround?
"B'Wana She No Home" in 5.1 surround would be an incredible experience!

The song's intricate instrumentation and layered vocals would truly come to life in a surround sound environment. Imagine being enveloped by the rhythmic pulse of the drums, the rich textures of the guitars and keyboards, and the immersive presence of the vocals spreading across multiple speakers.

Back
Top Bottom