• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-An Ordinary Fool

I was gonna post this to a previous Sandy thread but it was locked.

Why didn't Richard sing lead vocal on this track? It is after all about him & John writing about a girl, right?

Karen obvious knew that so who is Karen thinking of when she sings it? Whenever I hear Karen sing, I always think about what "she" might have been thinking about at the time of recording. :)

Just wondered how Richard would have sounded singing this. Wonder if he did a demo of him & turned out he didn't like it but still has it, wouldn't that be something.

It could be that Richard did his own demo version for Karen.
I think that though the guys wanted to sing it, Karen sounded better so they had Karen represent them :)

I love the song except I don't think the lyrics were quite right for Karen. You know what I mean?

Maybe if Richard and Karen sang it together...

As far as I know, Sandy is a name both for a man and a woman, isn't it?

If it is only a woman's name, well, we had this discussion before. Why shouldn't Karen sing a love song to a woman?

Bruno
very liberal once more :)

Does anyone know if this song was written for Sandy, Karen's hairdresser? I know Richard dated her for awhile. I think her name was Sandy Holland.

Marilyn

I heard somewhere (sorry, don't remember now where) that Richard wrote it for Sandy, Karen's hairdresser, when he was dating her. And yes, Sandy is also a man's nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom