Sex and the TJB

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveK

I just caught a rerun of "Sex And The City" from 1998 and was surprised to hear the "Whipped Cream" version of "Tangerine" playing in the background during a scene involving Sarah Jessica Parker's character and a guy in her apartment. :tongue:

Well, what moron came up with the idea for that? "Sex And The City" as far as I'm concerned was a show for people with nothing else to do. And, it was certainly NOT appropriate place to a Herb Alpert song on. :wtf:
-alpertfan...watching the world become more and more outta whack.

alpertfan said:
Well, what moron came up with the idea for that? "Sex And The City" as far as I'm concerned was a show for people with nothing else to do. And, it was certainly NOT appropriate place to a Herb Alpert song on. :wtf:

I couldn't disagree more! I think Herb did plenty of tunes that have a sexy quality to it. I've never seen this episode of "Sex & The City" (don't have HBO) but I can imagine some of his music being played on that show. I've always thought that a song like "Rendezvous" would be a perfect song to play during some love scene in a movie. Music and sex can be a perfect combination IMHO, if it's done right.

Capt. Bacardi
...ready for a cold shower online... :wink:

Non-HBO subscribers can soon catch heavily edited versions of "Sex & the City' starting June 15th. Depending on what was going on during the apartment scene,many more can hear Herb on the tube. One TV critic,David Bianculli from the New York Daily News, has seen the edited versions and suggests watching the episodes unedited on DVD instead or not watching at all. Mac

I personally prefer that episode of "The King Of Queens" where Jerry Stiller is dancing away to "Tijuana Taxi". Funnier and much cleaner! :D

OK! Here's "clean" for 'ya...

Anyone remember Laverne & Shirley and their Los Angeles apartment? The one with a Spanish motif? Take a look at the bricked-in door to the left of the kitchen -- the one that appears to be a niche. You'll see a copy of The Lonely Bull hanging askew. As a matter of fact, although I can't remember details, I recall a couple of episodes where the girls actually mention how "sexy" that "Herb Alpert" is. That was about as racy as television got in those days...and a whole lot more fun! :tongue:

Jon

They also had copies of "Volume 2" and "The Beat Of The Brass" hanging in different episodes.

David,
Glad to see the TJB acknowledged as the big sensation it was back then........

There was also an episode of THE NANNY where Fran was preparing for a party, and mentioned that her parents only needed a Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass album to have a party.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom