Sexiest Song Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought the instrumental portion of Olivia's "Soul Kiss" captured the mood.
As far as a vocal piece, she could sing the phone book and set the mood... :wink:

Olivia...Yes, and Andy Gibb! Bought Andy Gibb's Universal 20th Centrury Masters-serirs after I heard them both singing I Can't Help It on the radio...! Been a connossieur of Olivia Newton-John on '45's and some of her LP's, too...

Dave

Forgot about singer Sade. The song "No Ordinary Love" is a good song to make out too. I also forgot about the song called "Gotta Get To Know You" from Foghat's debut (Bearsville) (1972). The last 3 & 1/2 minutes (time: 7:42) make you want to make out!! :laugh: :shock: Matt Clark Sanford, MI

Captain Bacardi said:
To me Gato Barbieri's version of "Europa" is both sexy and erotic - far more than the other tunes mentioned so far.

I immediately thought of that song when I saw the thread title. :agree: Santana's own version is OK, but Gato just lights the fire under it.

Miami Vice used this tune to open one of their episodes. And it was used with the same intention...Sonny Crockett was eyeballing a girl beside the pool. She grabbed a bottled water, dumped it all over her shirt, then proceeded to remove her bikini top from under her shirt. :bigeek: Seeing that, it made me "get" what mood Gato was trying to convey. :wink:

I think one of the sexiest songs is "The Sensual World" by Kate Bush.

I agree "Like a Lover" is probably the most sexy Brasil '66 song, although "Going Out of My Head" and "Night and Day" are close behind as far as I'm concerned.

I can't believe this statement:
Lani doesn't have a sexy voice,
got past without anybody disagreeing. What are you, people? On dope?!

Mike Blakesley said:
I can't believe this statement:
Lani doesn't have a sexy voice,
got past without anybody disagreeing. What are you, people? On dope?!

To clarify, I wrote what you quoted, Mike. Sorry I'm not entitled to an opinion.

I'm offended that you would express disbelief because I disagree with the prevailing opinion that Lani's voice is sexy. I believe she is a talented singer but I believe the supporting musicians add much to this supposed "sexiness" that I'm obviously missing. Do you have any substantive points that her voice is sexy, other than to use the harsh rejoinder above?

Lani's voice is either loved or hated. I for one love her voice. When I was single my roommate hated her voice. It's an acquired taste. He loved Stevie Nicks voice while I on the other hand can't the billy-goat like vibrato which my roommate swears he cannot hear.

--Mr Bill

I recall hearing from Paula when we were conversing about Lani in the old days of the Forum that she of course loved Lani's voice, while her husband constantly made fun of it. He translated the Spanish TV specials for me and his comments are histerical, leaving no doubt that to him, Lani's voice was akin to fingernails on a chalkboard.

So I'd have to agree that she's "an aquired taste."

Harry

Seashore, I never said you are not entitled to an opinion. I was simply surprised that you said "Lani's voice is not sexy" and not one person disagreed with you.

As for my "harsh rejoinder," that was a joke. I lifted a rather famous line from the movie "Fast Times at Ridgemont High." Should have put a :D after it, I guess. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

"Touch Me When We're Dancing". SEXY lead vocal, sexy and discrete lyrics...climax at the instrumental lead, then repeat and fade.wink.

Boz Scaggs -- Look What You've Done To Me...; The Concert Grand Piano..., The Background Vocals..., Those Strings...!!!

--The Lines: ...They might fade and turn to stone
Let's get crazy all alone
Hold me closer than you'd ever dare
Close your eyes and I'll be there
After all is said and done
After all you are the one
Take me up your stairs and through the door
Take me where we don't care anymore...

Just the thing to play when you and your New Bride cross over the Threashold in that Honeymoon Hotel Suite...!!! ...And while enjoying that Warm Jacuzzi with a bottle of Cold Champagne...!!! :) ...Then, finally, while enjoying a night in that Round Bed...!!! :wink:

Dave

Country Saxophone Player/Instrumentalist, Boots Randolph has a real seducive and sexy version of Close To You on one of his LP's, Boots With Brass... In fact, he could make The Shadow Of Your Smile sound real "intimate" as well...

Dave

Sexy songs,huh? How about the late, great Minnie Riperton's 'Inside My Love'? Or the much under appreciated Miki Howard's 'Ain't Nobody Like You'? Or Marvin Gaye's 'I Want You'? Or Barry White's Ecstasy'?

There's also Gino Vannelli's 'Gettin' High',Patti Austin's version of 'Lazy Afternoon',and also her hit 'THe Heat Of Heat, Angela Bofill's 'Let Me Be The One' Pat Metheny's 'Are You Going With Me?'; and also Herb did a song from his MAGIC MAN album, called 'I Get It From You', that was sexy as well.

Dave said:
...In the "Obscure Pop Music Catagory", would be a male/female duet, known as Fire & Rain, consisting of Manny Friesen & Pat McCarron...

Their Song would be "Make Love To Me" on their 2nd album, Living Together (Which actually was arranged by Artie Butler, for "those who are collectors" like me!) on 20th Century (T 481)...

"Make Love To Me" was really the "(Do You Think I'm A) Nasty Girl"-of its time... --If only you could hear it!

Dave

Well, now you can...:

Dave

My favorite "anti-"love song is "Take It Out On You" by Chicago band SKAFISH from thier self-titled I.R.S. LP

Hell exists on this earth
you have created mine
I will throw you in eternal fire
gonna take it out on you (you) you beautiful you.

You can slice a stray dog
you can beat a retarded kid
but you kicked me in the teeth
gonna take it out on you (you) you beautiful you.

I will live a short life
I won't resolve a thing
I will die suspended, but before I do
I'll jump onto your heart, trampoline on you
all your guts will fly out
I cease the life inside of you
Jump on your heart... And
remember; all of this is because of you (you) you (you).
(C) Skafish Music/Illegal Songs ASCAP

sp008.jpg

--Mr Bill

Sounds like Simon has been dipping into Paula's pillbox.

Three words guys..."Some Cats Know" by Peggy Lee.

If you want a chuckle, "Satisfy Me One More Time" by Frank Sinatra.

"There's still a lot of groovy goodies left,
when you reach the cookie jar just help yourself."

Apparently, I've just had a senior moment. I already posted the above in December of '06. At least I'm consistent.

I'll go with SPOOKY by Dusty Springfield. When the original version of this song came out, I didn't think much of it one way or the other. But Dusty really heats this up with a nice jazz blues arrangement. Midway there's a cool sexy sax solo which fits the mood well.

nightcat said:
...I'll go with SPOOKY by Dusty Springfield... ...When the original version of this song came out, I didn't think much of it one way or the other... ...Dusty really heats this up with a nice jazz blues arrangement...

Andy Williams has a really seducive version of "Spooky", too...!

nightcat said:
...Midway there's a cool sexy sax solo which fits the mood well...

Andy Williams' version has a haunting organ and spiraling flute played throughout his version and it's the next-to-last song on the album it's on...

The album Andy's is on actually finishes with "Up, Up and Away", which is the Jimmy Webb song, made especially famous by the 5th Dimension, which Williams also interprets real well... Add to that other versions by countless others, both vocally and instrumentally and well, how 'bout that song that made its composer, Jimmy Webb MILLIONS (while he still has yet to do a reeindition of it himself) and you've got "Up, Up and Away" also added to this list...!

Dave

Jimmy Webb performs "Up, Up and Away" at all of his live shows. He turns it into an audience participation number. Lots of fun.

I had the pleasure of seeing Jimmy & Glen Campbell together last year at the tiny Smothers Theater here in Malibu. What a treat. Brian wilson was seated infront of me and clapped the longest and loudest all night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom