• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

SHM-CD + DVD, 40th Anniversary & 40 / 40

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuraSYayoi

SHM-CD "40th Anniversary" and
SHM-CD/SHM-CD+2 DVD's set "40 / 40 Best Selection"
will be released on Richard's birthday, 2008.

cat. No.
UICY91081
UICY91083
UICY91084

I cannot find any information at Universal Music site yet, but HMV.JP have some new release informations.
All reissues? Just format changed? 1 SHM-CD is 29,800 Yen or wrong information? Maybe studio albums released as SHM-CD? :rolleyes:

40th Anniversary 29,800 Yen
Format: SHM-CD
Number of Discs: 1
This version issued: 15 Oct 2008
Catalogue Number: UICY91084
Label: Universal International
Item sourced from: Japan
Other: Limited (First Edition), Greatest Hits, Reissue

40 / 40 Best Selection 10,000 Yen
Number of Discs: 1
Catalogue Number: UICY91083
Other: +2DVDs, Limited (First Edition), Greatest Hits,

40 / 40 Best Selection
Genre: Rock & Pop
Number of Discs: 2
Catalogue Number: UICY91081
Other: Limited (First Edition), Greatest Hits,

Sakura

SakuraSYayoi said:
All reissues? Just format changed? 1 SHM-CD is 29,800 Yen or wrong information? Maybe studio albums released as SHM-CD? :rolleyes:
HMV rewrote the information about "40th Anniversary".
13 Disc
but still listed as Greatest Hits.

ELP and Elton John's SHM-CD released in September got articles, but any other Carpenters articles yet.

Some people love SHM-CD sound, if SHM-CD studio albums will be available with price like normal CD, it will be good. I like SACD sound more. SACD didn't become so popular that any studio albums cannot be available as SACD.
Elton John's early 11 or so albums will be released as SHM-CD, paper sleeves.

Isn't some albums available any more in the U.S.? Even if limited box set or 2 CD pack, it will be good as long as available.

Sakura

More updated;

October 15th will be Carpenters Day.
studio albums,
new compilation,
one of DVD's is "Live at Budokan". You should request the DVD release worldwide.
Richard's linernotes and hand written message.
"40th Anniversary" with numbering.

Sakura

^^ Sakura, is this solid information or just what you are wishing for? Is there a new compilation or reissues or studio albums coming?

mstaft said:
^^ Sakura, is this solid information or just what you are wishing for? Is there a new compilation or reissues or studio albums coming?

Mark, I haven't post my imagination with making it look real.
All were from HMV Japanese pages.
HMV and Universal Music Japan have had wrong information before. (There were Live at BBC on CD shop web sites and release information of GOLD Japanese edition(35th) on Universal site, but they have not been released yet.
Richard wrote me back before, one of letters told me that he was working for the Ultimate Collection for Japan, but it has never been released yet.) So I don't know if they are real, I hope they are real this time.

original information at HMV site
40th anniversary
2003年にリリースされた『カーペンターズ・ボックス~35周年記念コレクターズ・エディション』を、全タイトルSHM-CDでプレスしてリ・パッケージ。ブックレットには、リチャードによる日本のファン向けのライナー・ノート、手書きメッセージを予定。シリアル番号付き。

40/40 10,000 Yen
その他: 2DVD付き, 初回限定盤, グレイテストヒッツ

祝・結成40周年!来年2009年、カーペンターズが結成40周年を迎えます!日本ではリチャード・カーペンターの誕生日である10月15日を「カーペンターズの日」(日本記念日協会認定)とし、史上最強の記念盤ベストをリリースします!SHM-CD仕様の初回生産限定、日本独自企画盤。
DVDには、過去にリリースされた『GOLD』の付属DVD(18トラック/59分)、『ライヴ・イン・ジャパン』(15トラック/68分)を予定。ブックレットには、リチャードによる日本のファン向けのライナー・ノート、手書きメッセージを予定。

40/40 3400Yen
その他: 初回限定盤, グレイテストヒッツ,

祝・結成40周年!来年2009年、カーペンターズが結成40周年を迎えます!日本ではリチャード・カーペンターの誕生日である10月15日を「カーペンターズの日」(日本記念日協会認定)とし、史上最強の記念盤ベストをリリースします!SHM-CD仕様の初回生産限定、日本独自企画盤。

'b' is the information that I posted in my previous post
'color' is "Live in Japan"
and they deleted "Reissue" from information about "40/40"

Sakura

Amazon JP just made 40/40 page.
2 disc 3800Yen.
ASIN: B001E4T4EE

So probably
UICY91081
40 / 40 Best Selection
3,800 Yen
2 SHM-CD compilation

(HMV site 3,400Yen)

UICY91083
40 / 40 Best Selection
10,000 Yen
2 SHM-CD + GOLD DVD + Live at Budokan DVD

(at HMV site 1 SHM-CD + 2DVD)

UICY91084
40th Anniversary
29,800 Yen
repackage of 35th Anniversary Collector's Edition, but SHM-CD's

Sakura

Sorry, Sakura, I totally misread your original post. Of course, you wouldn't make up catalogue numbers and such. What was I thinking? :wink:
Too many late nights and no sleep...

Amazon.co.JP just made 3 more pages.

Looks like 2 SHM-CD "40/40 Best Selection" is 3,800 Yen (ASIN: B001E4T4EE),
the first limited press is 3,400 Yen (ASIN: B001EB5AVI).

"40/40 Best Selection" with 2 DVD(total 4 discs) is 10,000 Yen,
pre-order price at Amazon.JP is 8,210 Yen now (ASIN: B001EB5AVS).

13-disc set "Carpenters Box 40th Anniversary Collector's Edition" 29,800 Yen (ASIN: B001EB5AW2).

I finally could see the BS-i program at another fan's house. Japanese cable company allowed her only one copy(that means she only records with DVD recorder itself, not to DVD. (Sometimes never a copy, can only see when it airs.) Richard plays the piano, there are new interviews and new photos to me.
At the end of the program this was shown;
3 set will be released in October.

Sakura

No one may be interested in these releases...

Universal SHM-CD October release info. page was made today and the page doesn't have Carpenters. :sad:

Net shop pages for these releases just started to be deleted.
According to HMV Japanese pages, they stopped the release for both 40 / 40 and 40th anniversary box.

( Amazon.co.jp said that 40/40 can be ordered by one for one person. )

Sakura

After HMV and another site deleted Carpenters at new release page, I sent email to Amazon.JP. They responded soon, and told me that they would send one to me. Amazon still accept pre-order.

Off topic, has anyone heard another SHM-CD?
WPCR-13122.jpg

WPCR-13122
Sept. 3, 2008
2,500 Yen
This has "Dreams" as bonus.

Sakura

I noticed two sites that offered pre-order for The 40th Anniversary SHM cd set. CDUniverse and Best Buy respectively. But CD Japan, the site that always seems to have the latest, still shows nothing.
Throwing caution (hopefully not money and hope) to the wind, I pre-ordered it from Best Buy.
Either way I will know next Saturday. One of three things will happen: 1) It will be in perpetual "release delayed" status or 2) it will arrive and 3) I will wet myself :freak:

Dave60640 said:
I noticed two sites that offered pre-order for The 40th Anniversary SHM cd set. CDUniverse and Best Buy respectively. But CD Japan, the site that always seems to have the latest, still shows nothing.
Throwing caution (hopefully not money and hope) to the wind, I pre-ordered it from Best Buy.
Either way I will know next Saturday. One of three things will happen: 1) It will be in perpetual "release delayed" status or 2) it will arrive and 3) I will wet myself :freak:

I'm still confused about what this release really is. I have the 35th Anniv Black Box set from Japan, would this be similar to that? What does SHM mean?

Dave I will look forward to hearing your review and details of this? Do you also have the 35th Anniv Box Set?

SHM stands for "Super High Material". This is a standard CD but made with an improved transparency by using polycarbonate resin instead of the regular clear plastic.

Theoretically, by using this material, the CD player has an easier time reading the digits encoded on the disc.

And if you buy that, I have a bridge I'd like to sell you... :)

My guess is that if this SHM set is actually released, it's not really going to sound any better than what we've got. The Remastered albums are as good as they're ever going to sound.

I'm certainly not willing to spend another $500 on a set of Carpenters albums that aren't really any different from what I've already got.

Harry

I checked Amazon.co.JP site yesterday. They will ship them out to me today.

If I were Dave, I would pre-order it from Amazon.JP.

If I were Chris, I would check "Unplugged" or "Now & Then" and notice the difference of the sound and get "40/40" without DVD's and 40th box.

If I lived in the States, I wouldn't buy, I don't have good ears like Chris'.

Sakura

I asked Amazon.JP, they answered me on 16th;
they didn't know if the 40th box and 40/40 were postponed or released.

Yesterday they sent me emails about both 40th box and 40/40;
When we contacted our supplier we learned that the above item is
no longer available. This unavailable item has been cancelled from your
order and you have not been charged for it. We apologize for this
inconvenience.

Sakura

The (almost silly) plot thickens; I was just contacted by Best Buy who stated that it is just a delay in shipping and my order should arrive between 10/31 and 11/08.
I missed the 35th Anniversary set and was just hoping this was my chance.
No, Virginia. It looks like there isn't a Santa Claus. :cry:

From Yuka's site;
<40th AnniversaryJapanese relases >(Jan. 19,2009)
April 22: a double disk set "Carpenters 40/40 Best Selection" SHM-CD including 40 tracks. /Richard will be hand picking 40 tracks to celebrate 40th anniversary of their debut. He will also re-master for SHM-CD format.
April 22: 40th boxset will be released. It is actually re-issue of 35th anniversary set in SHM-CD format.

Other releases information also is at her page, tribute album and re-packaged "22 Hits of the Carpenters". ( I hope they will rename from 'the Carpenters' to 'Carpenters'.)

Real 40th anniversary!! :agree: :happybirthday: Carpenters!!

Sakura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom