Singles 1969-1981 SACD NEW TRACK LISTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I got TOO excited...the system I bought is a HTD540-DV (Pioneer) (not "hdt540). For around $300.

I picked up the SACD today at the local Borders. As Steve Sidoruk mentioned in another thread, some online retailers are reporting this as "backordered". This either means that it's been somewhat delayed again, at least to some retailers, or there were relatively few of these pressed - perhaps not enough for demand.

I don't own any kind of SACD player, so all I can do is listen to the standard CD stereo tracks - which are described as "stereo folddowns", supervised by Richard Carpenter and Bernie Grundman. So yes, even if you don't have an SACD player, this disc will provide at least *something* interesting, as these folddowns do indeed sound a bit different from their earlier counterparts.

The revised track list posted on many sites is the correct one, with one exception. The full version of "For All We Know" is present on the disc - not that reprise from the 2000 release.

The mixes used on the disc are all new remixes, sounding more like the modern Richard remixes as opposed to being comprised of the original sound elements. Those looking for original album or single mixes somehow magically transformed into 5.1 surround will be disappointed.

Someday, maybe I'll get to hear the surround mixes. For now, hearing fresh remixes will have to do.

Harry
NP: Carpenters SINGLES 1969-1981 (SACD)

Harry, I have yet to purchase this SACD. Could you please go into more detail about the mixes and sound qualitywhen you have time? I am sure you are enjoying and are too busy to be bothered with the corner. Hehe.

Hope it is what you wanted. :)

When I have more time. I'm quite busy at work, and shouldn't even be spending the time I did here!

Harry
...inundated, online...

raz42289 said:
I am going to be one of the last ones to get it because I am going to be in school! drats! I will probably hit it over to Best Buy right after and make my purchase.

Best Buy does carry this kind of stuff right?

Hardly...they're clueless. Circuit City is even worse. I only can suggest that if you do visit a Best Buy, check first the SACD section (which may not even be there anymore), and then the standard CD section, since the blue shirts there are not clued in that these are special releases and just dump them with the standard product.

I'm hoping someone will start a new thread with comments on the sound quality and type of remixes of both the 2-channel and surround tracks.

Well, idiot people at Best Buy screwed up again. They didn't have it at all and no one in town has it. Ummm...so...yeah.

...extremely pissed off, online...

I bought mine at Border's today...Check with them (if there is one within a 250 mile radius) :)...I know just about any of us would drive that far if we had to! -Chris

So far, everyone I've heard from found it at Borders, or an online site called elusivedisc.com.

Noticeable 'new' mixes to me on my way home from work were "Superstar" and "Top Of The World". Most tracks seem to have a heavier bass sound to them than I'm used to - kick drum is thumpier.

"Superstar" sounds like a newly remixed version sourced more from original elements than the 1985 and on remixes.

Harry

Some Tower locations had it today. No more Tower in Michigan though...anyone wanting it locally is probably going to be out of luck.

Yeah, I just read about the Tower sightings over at SH.

I'm enjoying hearing these new remixes - it's something different, making the old seem new again.

Harry
NP: Carpenters SINGLES SACD

I plan to go hunting this weekend for it, Best Buy (last time I was there they had a large section of SACD's, then I will try Borders, then Circuit City and if I can't find it, I will order online.

..waiting till the weekend for my new Carpenters CD, online...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom