Skyline Pigeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

Skyline Pigeon is a great song that Elton John recorded and I think it would a perfect song for Karen and Richard. Any thoughts?

Andrew :

Great early John / Taupin song .....strangely enough from 1975 Carpenters interview -Richard mentioned this as a song he wanted Carpenters to record ....however Karen was flat against any recording during Horizon sessions .... :o

Possibly Carpenters did consider this track later on as Richard rarely gave up completely on favoured songs ....but probably never completed a demo or work lead before Karen's demise :)

Interesting that Richard is often viewed as the main musical drive behind song selection & final tracks ....but in this case Karen rejected this marvellous song .... :shock:

Peter

I have another radio interview, where Richard reveals that although Karen acquiesced and recorded The Rainbow Connection, she also put her foot down on that one, which is one of the reasons it didnt' make Made In America.

Stephen

raz42289 said:
Skyline Pigeon is a great song that Elton John recorded and I think it would a perfect song for Karen and Richard. Any thoughts?

I really like that song myself - at least the '72 re-recording of it that was used as the non-LP B-side for "Daniel." I don't like the original version from Empty Sky nearly as much. (And didn't it end with a bizarre re-cap of every song on the album, or was that another song?? The end of that album used to creep me out as a kid!.) But the '72 version is one of my favorite non-LP B-sides by any artist; I wish he'd have tacked it on to the original vinyl release of Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player.

I'd never have tagged that as a potential Carpenters song, but when I try imagining it in my head, I think it would really work!

Jeff F.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom