Something Festive on eBay...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, at least it's not "ultra rare" and priced at $49.99 opening bid!

Hey, I've actually got one extra copy now...it's so tempting, but I won't sell it, even for $100 right now.

Regardless of whether you spend $2 or $200, Something Festive is far from the most difficult thing to find. Around here at least, it seems that every thrift shop has multiple copies of SP-19003.

Andrew T. said:
Regardless of whether you spend $2 or $200, Something Festive is far from the most difficult thing to find. Around here at least, it seems that every thrift shop has multiple copies of SP-19003.

If you listen to eBay sellers, Something Festive is the rarest thing on the planet. :D I personally have four copies of it; it took me all of them to make a clean CD-R for the holidays. I didn't pay over $4 for any of them. They seem to multiply like rabbits. :wink:

I wasn't too clear in my last post---I was referring to the TJB's Xmas album going for $100 on CD. Or $200...if the Captain is offering. :laugh:

I'm probably going to be blasted for this, but here goes... :shock:

Was "Something Festive" ever released as a CD in Japan or elsewhere? If so, why not? I mean, with all of the current interest in A&M artists of old, I'm surprised "Something Festive" hasn't seen the light of day!

Jon

...feeling festive, online...

Hi Guys!

There was another A&M promo album in the 8000 series - the exact # currently escapes me. It was similar to "Something Festive," except that two tracks were different. I can't recall which two were missing, but I think that it had substitute tracks by Miguel Rios and Shawn Phillips. Former A&Mer, Barry Korkin, was working on it for a holiday season CD about two years ago. It didn't fly because they couldn't get a clearance from one of the artists.

BTW, A&M has just issued a box set of all of the "Very Special Christmas" CDs. Saw it recently at Costco.

Steve Sidoruk said:
Former A&Mer, Barry Korkin, was working on it for a holiday season CD about two years ago. It didn't fly because they couldn't get a clearance from one of the artists.

Let me guess..Liza Minnelli? Claudine Longet?

That's too bad - I'd like to find a vinyl copy of that re-released version.

Harry
...settling for clean needle drops of this one, online...

Me too...I got the Miguel Rios song but can't find that Shawn Phillips song anywhere.

Heck, if it was a clearance issue over one artist, just drop the track and move on. :D

Somewhere Have 1972 UK Issue .....Good Collection of A&M Artists and
Some Unusual Festive Songs :)

Wonder Whether This Will Become Real Rarity ?

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom