Songs sung by Karen, But sound just as well as instrumental

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike4TheCarps

Hello Everyone. IM new to the board and would like to say its a pleasure to be here. This morning i was listening to some Carpenters Midi Files, and I find myself sometimes perferring to listen to the music without Karens Vocals.. Now my question is which songs sound best by themselves without Karens Vocals. My picks would be, NOW, I wont last a day without you, YOU, and For all we know. I just love the music to those songs! I wish Richard would release another PACC related album and include those songs on there! NOW is soo sophisticated and I can imagine someone telling the Carpenters story with that midi playing in the back ground. in one word: BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for reading my post

Michael

I guess I should rephrase the question hehe.. What is your Favorite musical inclusion backed by Karens one in a lifetime voice? some songs i know would be very boring if it wasnt for Karens voice. There are some songs which the Music side is written top notch. songs like Honolulu City lights wouldnt be anything without Karens voice.. the music isnt sophiscticted enough, or involved i guess i should say

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael, welcome to the board. :)

Your post reminded me alot of the CD I have called, "Yesterday Once More Carpenters Original Master Karaoke" I'm so glad to have finally obtained this in my collection recently. On this Cd you can not only hear Richard's incredible arrangements but alot of the backing vocals are left intact, so while Karen's vocal lead is gone, there backing vocals are there. This gives the whole song a different kinda feel. Listenng to this makes me really appreciate how Karen could take a song & really make it come to life.

I know this may have strayed a moment from your post but wanted to share this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom