Suggestions on finding an authentic Herb Alpert Fandango CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As stated in my first post, there is a Japanese issue with catalog number is D18Y-4122. It was released around 1989. I have no idea how the sound compares to the pressings with catalog number CD-3731. Of course, I don't care. I'll take any version I can find. :)

KeithH said:
Of course, I don't care. I'll take any version I can find. :)

Oh, come on now Keith. We know that as soon as you get your hands on one, and the sticker shock wears off a bit, you'll be searching for the other! :)

Harry

Harry said:
KeithH said:
Of course, I don't care. I'll take any version I can find. :)

Oh, come on now Keith. We know that as soon as you get your hands on one, and the sticker shock wears off a bit, you'll be searching for the other! :)

Harry

Yeah, you are probably right. :sad: However, I have to start someplace and am not about to be picky. Any legit copy that comes along in good condition is of interest at this point.

I actually didn't do too badly. The previous copy I had an opportunity to buy was through an online vendor (not eBay) a few months ago. He had a copy with the OBI strip for about $300 shipped. I'm not getting the OBI strip, which bugs me a little as a collector, but I also paid a good bit less.

As we sometimes do here Keith, here's a little analysis (in case you or your wife haven't already done it). This is all in fun of course, as we examine just what our CDs are worth. (Ask the Captain how much "Bo-Bo" was worth to him!) :)

Your winning bid, according to the expired eBay listing was $204.49, and FANDANGO clocks in at around 43 and a quarter minutes with 11 songs.

Figuring your cost of 11 track selections, we get $18.59 per song.

At 43.25 minutes, your cost is about $4.73 dollars per minute.

And at 2,595 seconds, your total is about 79 cents per second.

So, it appears that one minute of a digital original of Herb's FANDANGO is worth more than a gallon of gas!

:)

Harry
...who thinks it's probably worth every penny, online...

Harry said:
As we sometimes do here Keith, here's a little analysis (in case you or your wife haven't already done it). This is all in fun of course, as we examine just what our CDs are worth. (Ask the Captain how much "Bo-Bo" was worth to him!) :)

Your winning bid, according to the expired eBay listing was $204.49, and FANDANGO clocks in at around 43 and a quarter minutes with 11 songs.

Figuring your cost of 11 track selections, we get $18.59 per song.

At 43.25 minutes, your cost is about $4.73 dollars per minute.

And at 2,595 seconds, your total is about 79 cents per second.

So, it appears that one minute of a digital original of Herb's FANDANGO is worth more than a gallon of gas!

:)

Harry
...who thinks it's probably worth every penny, online...

:shock:

Now I know why Keith charged me $5.00/minute last time I listened to CDs over there! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom