• Our Album of the Week features will return in June.

"That Heat" Video up at Yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMK

Contributor
Sergio's My Space blog has a link to the "That Heat" video. It has some nice moments, but I had to LOL when Lani's voice emanated from an exotic African American woman (not sure if that's Erykah or not). :o

Lipsynching to an unseen Lani?! Hey, aren't there LAWS against FALSE advertising?!! What do they think this is, a Madonna video? :cussing:

Its a nice video, but I thought it could be...well...HOTTER. :laugh:

(But then, it's not a Madonna video! :bigevil: )

It sounds like to me that you all need to relax & JUST CHILL.
I saw the video & I didn't see any exotic African American lipsyncing to Lani's vocals.I saw Erykah Badu lipsyncing to Lani's vocals(she's the lady dressed in blacked and at times can be seen lying on top of Sergio's piano.)
As for the lipsyncing goes, if it were such a major problem I am sure that Herb & Lani would be talking to Sergio about it NOW.In other words, if Sergio, Herb, Lani are okay with it then WE SHOULD BE OKAY with it, SO CHILL!

Yeah, Cortnee, methinks maybe it's you who needs to chill. I said it made me laugh. And I also stated pretty clearly (I think, anyway) that it might be Erykah. And if she's not an exotic looking African American woman (is she not American? sorry, not up on her), I'll eat my hat. :wink:

I was thinking of replying to this... but seeing how JMK's ready to eat his hat, I don't want my head bitten off in this forum... (as has happened previously)

For the record, I don't think JMK was seriously objecting to these things you think Herb et al. are "okay with," Cortnee. He was just enjoying the humor from it. A lot of serious musicians, myself included, get a kick out of people who lip-synch and resort to artless techniques. Calm down!

Hey, Seashore--you wanna get your head bit off? Go to the Alpert forum and say you don't like something, anything. :) (I tried it once--not a pretty sight, LOL).

Portland said:
...Hey, Seashore--you wanna get your head bit off? Go to the Alpert forum and say you don't like something...anything! :) (I tried it once--not a pretty sight!) (LOL!)...

...Or you can simply ask (ANYWHERE, really!) for the Umptieth Time:

IS ANYTHING ELSE BY HERB GOING TO BE REISSUED?!

Dave :laughup:

JMK said:
Hey, Seashore--you wanna get your head bit off? Go to the Alpert forum and say you don't like something, anything. :) (I tried it once--not a pretty sight, LOL).

"That heat that heat that heat..." :laugh:

Harry

seashorepiano said:
Well, JMK, I made the foolish mistake of criticizing a huge TJB hit, and brimstone and fire rained upon me! Woe is me.

Well, I took on a whole album (The Lonely Bull)--guess how that went over. :laugh:

seashorepiano said:
you forgot that you can't use caps when asking that question, dave. what were you thinking/

Yeah--I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't! :wink:

OK, OK...now I'm thinking maybe Mtv...!! It got me buying albums that I saw Videos for, not to mention hoping a song that came out would be shown there on video, too! Bring back that Medium, or else, yeah, let's see some more Timeless stuff at Yahoo! :laugh:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom