• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

The Growing A&M Corner Family

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy

¡Que siga la fiesta!
Staff member
Site Admin
A heads up for everyone who frequents the Corner--I extended invitations to two of our regulars to join our forum moderating staff, and they have both gladly accepted the task!

Brasil Nut (aka Jon Skinner) will be assisting in the Brasil '66 forum. Along with Mike Blakesley, it's good to have two knowledgeable Sergio Mendes aficionados helping to answer all of our members' questions and engage in some great discussions about the music and Brasil '66/'77 members.

jimac51 (aka Jim McCollum) not only has experience in the retail end of the music business, he is also one of our more knowledgeable jazz and music fanatics. We always look forward to his insight in our discussions here!

A round of applause for our two newest moderators! :D Don't worry, they make more money than Rudy does. Same pay (zero buckeroos), but without the expenses. :wink:

Woo Hoo! Good Choices on both! Looking forward to reading the information these two have acquired over the years. :goodie:

Thanks Shirley for your vote of confidence. Actually,I suspect there won't be too many changes. Since I found this site,now about four+ years(I was a lurker while using a public library computer for a while),I have learned tons of stuff from everyone here(and,yes,some who have left the forum). A special tip of the hat must go to Harry,who has made many of us welcome as newcomers. Harry & I found,over time,a great many parallel experiences as A&M fans living in the Philadelphia area. Over the last couple of years I have met many more of you over the 'net and found that there are a whole bunch of us who love much of the music that came from the ochre colored label with the trumpet. It was Herb's music that led me to explore the world of jazz and,for a while when my store was around,get others excited about all kinds of music. Many of those customers taught me a lot,too. I'll never be finished trying to figure out this crazy business of music. Mac

Herb's music has a way of popping up when you least expect it. I watched a documentary last night on Sundance channel (Love that channel) about the architect Glen Howard Small, as they were showing old clips of some of his designs they had " The lonely bull" playing in the background. I didn't quite catch the relationship there, but I enjoyed hearing it anyway. And because you like Jazz (Mac,) while I always say I don't, I saw an older video while house sitting this weekend called "Living out loud" with Holly Hunter, and among others, Queen Latifah. I loved her in "Chicago" but had only ever heard her do hip hop in the past and I hated it. In this film she plays the role of a jazz singer in a little bar, what a great job she did on some old jazz standards. I thought she gave Billy Holiday and Sarah Vaughn a run for their money and I think I will go out and buy the soundtrack on CD.

I join Shirley in giving a round of applause to both Jon and Jim!! Good choice, Neil!!

Marilyn,
online and putting her hands together!

Sorry I couldn't be there for the official swearing-in ceremonies. I know how stirring they can be as the new moderators are announced and enter the hall as the TJB's "El Presidente" plays the fanfare. I remember what a great thrill it was when I, myself, was bestowed the honor of "Moderator." :D

Seriously, though, a warm welcome to both Jon and Mac to our moderating team!

Harry
...still awaiting the matching funds from A&M Corner to his 401K plan, online... :D

Add me to the chorus of congrats. I was out of town this past week (in Florida) and missed the swearing ceremonies, I mean swearing IN ceremonies, as well. Welcome to the team, dudes! :D

A round of applause for our two newest moderators! :D Don't worry, they make more money than Rudy does. Same pay (zero buckeroos), but without the expenses. :wink:[/quote]

You should ask yourself for a raise....I'll bet you could double your salary and not even feel the pinch...I know, it's a labor of love, and we all love your labor.

Congrats, guys...you're in good company...we ALL are...

Dan

Hey Everyone!

Guess I've been out of it...I just discovered this thread while taking a "Look Around" the Corner!

I thank each and every one of you for your kind words. It's great to be back at A&M Corner after being away for a while. It's funny how life-changes can lead you back to where you belong. I'm glad to be here. It's also an honor to be a co-moderator with Mike. Thanks to all who have given me a vote of confidence, a good word and many kind private e-mails.

Warm Regards To All.

Jon

Thought I would extend my congratulations to both of yous guys, too! :thumbsup:

Good to see more "regulars" becoming "superiors" at A&M Corner! :wave:

Once again, Congrats to Jim MacCullum & Jon Skinner, our newest A&M Corner Honchos--or SOMEWHERE up there! :laugh: That's Real Great, Guys!! :)

Dave

Gentlemen, a belated CONGRATULATIONS!!!. Missed this thread somehow, but, well, better late than never, and it is good to have good people taking care of things. Rudy's getting on in years, anyway, and ol' Neil needs all the help he can get as he slides toward certain dotage. You are most welcome additions! :wink: :laugh:

ED:cool:

Sheesh, ED...I get closer to 40 and y'all here think I'm ready to go out to pasture! :rolleyes: :winkgrin: Some days, I do feel a lot older than I really am, but with summer here and all the activity happening on several fronts, I'm a heck of a lot more energetic now than I have been in quite awhile. :)

If all the stress doesn't do me in first... :confused:

Dave said:
Thought I would extend my congratulations to both of yous guys, too! :thumbsup:

Good to see more "regulars" becoming "superiors" at A&M Corner! :wave:

Once again, Congrats to Jim MacCullum & Jon Skinner, our newest A&M Corner Honchos--or SOMEWHERE up there! :laugh: That's Real Great, Guys!! :)

Dave

Thanks Dave. That's nice. I hope to be able to work with Mike to update Brasil66.com in the near future. It needs work. With news of Sergio's upcoming CD, I'd like to have it updated in the near future. And, of course, Mike is sensational to work with. Thanks again.

Jon

Ed Bishop said:
Gentlemen, a belated CONGRATULATIONS!!!. Missed this thread somehow, but, well, better late than never, and it is good to have good people taking care of things. Rudy's getting on in years, anyway, and ol' Neil needs all the help he can get as he slides toward certain dotage. You are most welcome additions! :wink: :laugh:

ED:cool:

Ed, thanks for your kind comments -- greatly appreciated! As for the age issue...I'm already "out to pasture..." I turned 40 last April!! :tongue:

Seriously, it's nice to have wonderful people like Mike to work with. I look forward to it. Thanks again for your kind words.

Jon

Just 40, eh?....well, I got seven years up on ya, you're still young! :D Enjoy it before you start feeling like some of us past 40....achy and old some days, or barely our age on others. I don't expect the piss'n'vinegar of youth to come marching back, but these days I settle for climbing out of the sack without grimacing. Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooold..... :sad:

ED :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom