• Our Album of the Week features will return next week.

(They Long To Be) Close To You-Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

andywithaz

I have listened to this song over and over again on the Anthology collection and I think it is remixed. This is why.

Karen's vocals are reverbed
the piano is lower and more in the left channel
heavier bass
instruments in different channels

I checked the remixed list on the Close To You DVD but it wasn't listed. Anybody else notice this one.

Andrew
noticing remixes

Just to make something clear. I have both collections. But I am hearing this one on the reissue. My other one is the 4 LP box set and I haven't got it through the mail yet. :sad:

YES Andrew, you are correct. This is the remix from '91 for the "Best of The Best Master Karaoke" album. The instrumental is identical, less the lead of course. Piano panned hard left, stereo verb added to the lead vocals, bass re-recorded & drums, strings, etc. mixed in stereo. Good ear dude....

Oh, and by the way, the version heard on the "Close to You" DVD is the remix as well...If you listen closely while the interviews are going on, you can hear the track shift over to the instrumental until the talking is over, then back to the full version...The only way that the (2) would be consistent with each other woul be to use the two mixes from the same mixing session...hence the '91 karaoke mixes.... :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom