They're on Their Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numero Cinco

At spanky1's recommendation, I ordered from SonyMusic Online on 29 July. Today, 11 August, I have been notified that the next three TJBs are now on their way to my home—which I make out to be about six days ahead of the announced schedule.

Hot Fun in the Summertime!

Well, at least they're not promos or street-date-jumpers. :rolleyes:

I'd lay odds that Sony won't ship until later in the week. "On the way" doesn't always mean what it says.

Mike B.
Who paid $43 overnight shipping for a special theatre candy order that arrived five days later

Captain Bacardi said:
Numero Cinco said:
At spanky1's recommendation, I ordered from SonyMusic Online on 29 July.

:confused: Thanks for NOT supporting this site by using that website. :confused:

Capt. Bacardi
If Amazon can't deliver as quickly as Sony, they deserve to be upstaged.

I realize that contributing to Amazon helps this site, but everyone has a right to purchase from whomever they wish. Some people don't like to be chastised for exercising this freedom.

What delivery? There has been no delivery as yet. So in that spirit, please lighten up, eh?

Numero Cinco's math is flawed from the start anyway. Even if he had them in his hands today, that's still only 5 days ahead of schedule.

On the last releases(GP,WNML,SRO), mine shipped Thursday and I had them on Saturday(before the Tuesday release date). That was via regular shipping. I live in Tennessee, and these ship from Georgia, so that helped.

As far as ordering from Amazon goes, I know we've beaten this to death before. For me, I have bought 2 copies of each disc....through legitimate channels(not used, promo, etc) because I want to see great sales of these discs. If the sales are terrible, I don't know that we'll ever see the remainder of the catalog. My greatest hope is that this will prompt someone to give a shot at releasing the Baja Marimba Band catalog.

The difference in price is $9.98 versus $12.99. For 1 disc, it's not a huge deal. However, when you're buying multiple copies of each release, it's not insignificant. Amazon should be able to do much better at their pricing on these. If the $3 difference went to this site, I think that would be another matter. However, I'd guess that it might end up being a few cents on the dollar. Over the course of the first year, I would end up paying $3 more per disc, so I'd pay $70 or more to Amazon so that they could trickle back $4 or $5 to this site.

If Amazon were within a dollar or so, I'd buy from them. However, I refuse to pay 30% more to get the same product in a longer time.

Michael H.

I had a email from sony that my order shipped yesterday 8/11. I should have them by 8/13 i live in nh so may be today. on the last 3 i had them 4 days before release. sony gets a big thumbs up.

joe g

I ordered thru Amazon, and as a loyalist, used the link through this site. Amazon says:

Shipping estimate: August 16, 2005
Delivery estimate: August 18, 2005

Just a little fuel for this particular fire - if you go the sonymusicstore.com site now, the Alpert disc prices have been upped to $11.98.

I'm sure that Rudy appreciates whatever we can do with regard to purchasing from amazon - and if their prices are out of line, he's not going to chastise anyone for finding a better deal.

Harry

I bought the three from Sony, and they arrived Thursday (8/11). I live in Southern California. Just to have these almost a week before was well worth it.

Good find and very interesting, Harry. All of their Tijuana Brass prices were raised. I think that I looked as late as yesterday, and they were still $9.98.

I'm glad I ordered early. If the Christmas disc or any upcoming cd's are only ~$1 difference, I'd gladly go with Amazon.

Michael H.

Harry said:
Just a little fuel for this particular fire - if you go the sonymusicstore.com site now, the Alpert disc prices have been upped to $11.98.

Harry

Hey it's all good... order from anyone you want, just as long as Herb gets the bucks instead of some fly-by-nighter. Amazon (or Gemm) purchases through the links on this site are appreciated and help keep the ship afloat. :)

Just received an e-mail from Amazon.Com to say that my 3 CDs have just been shipped. I wonder how long they will take to crosss the Atlantic to England this time. It varies from 6 or 7 weeks to about 3 weeks!!!!!

Andrew Smith
Hampshire
England

I received an e-mail from Amazon yesterday that they have been shipped (to NJ). I'll let everybody know how long it takes to get here, but Amazon has a good record and they'll probably be here Monday or Tuesday at the latest. Can't wait!! :D

Marilyn

I'm sooooo tired, of waiting for the mail
I'm sooooo tired, I'm feeling like a snail
and I wonder
Yes I wonder
Where the CDs are...

norderney said:
Just received an e-mail from Amazon.Com to say that my 3 CDs have just been shipped. I wonder how long they will take to crosss the Atlantic to England this time. It varies from 6 or 7 weeks to about 3 weeks!!!!!

Andrew Smith
Hampshire
England

So far I have bought all 7 re-issues via Amazon.com and they usually arrive within 1 - 2 weeks from the release date. ( never had to wait 6 or 7 weeks ). Curiously I am still waiting for the next 3 to be shipped - it's Sunday the 14th August @ 8.00 P.M G.M.T and still no email from Amazon to say they have been shipped !

Dave Bush
Norfolk
England

Just heard today that mine have been shipped. Can't wait particularly for Sounds Like and Ninth - the latter of which I've never had on any format!

Stephen

Stephen Vakil said:
Just heard today that mine have been shipped. Can't wait particularly for Sounds Like and Ninth - the latter of which I've never had on any format!

Stephen

I think You're in for a treat - " Ninth " has always been my favourite album - it was the first TJB album I ever heard and I can't wait to have it on CD. It's just such a mellow, laid back album - every track is a classic - there are no real duffers on it. I just hope Shout and Herb come to their senses and go ahead with releasing " Volume 2 " which is my second favourite.

As has been the case with the other releases, I chose to order a set online (yet to be delivered), as well as seeking them out at a brick & mortar store on release day.

My typical modus operandi is to start out at the local Borders and continue from there if they don't have it. Today, they did, so I picked them up at store opening - 9 AM.

The online order will, as usual, serve as the sealed back-up set.

Harry

JUST picked up the new 3- Can't wait to hear them. Bought them at Tower-NEVER thought I'd see Sounds Like or Ninth on CD- HISTORIC!

Funny how things go in circles. I usually go to Borders first, but with the last three releases Borders didn't have any in stock, so I went to Best Buy, which had those three. So today I figure why not try Best Buy first. Wrong! Best Buy didn't have any arrive today, so I tried Borders and prepared to be shut out. However, Borders had two sets of each. With gas prices soaring as they are (even down here) I wish I could count on more reliability in stores. Oh well, I got mine and have my spare sets coming via Amazon.

Capt. Bacardi
...with only three more days until vacation... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom