They're on Their Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My story with the online ordering this time is as follows:

I'd planned all along to order the three new discs from Amazon, as I'd done in the past. A couple of weeks before the release date, I read with interest about the Sony Online Music store, and their reliably early delivery, beating the release date.

Being anxious for this set, I succumbed to this "dark side", placing an order with Sony that came out to a nice. cheap $30. As I read the posts from the others here who recommended them, saying that theirs were on the way, I kept checking the status of my order, where it was constantly listed as "in process".

Release day came and went, and I got my copies at Borders, but the online order was still "in process". At this point I was quite sorry I strayed from the Amazon fold, and fired off an email to the Sony folks.

I got a reply that they didn't know what had happened but they were going to discuss why it happened with their distribution people. Meanwhile, I was assured that my package was sent out on that evening, 8/16.

Well, here we are on 8/27, quite a few emails later, and still I have not received this order. Yesterday, I was informed that a replacement order was being sent out UPS. At this point I'll believe it when I see it.

Ugh. That's what I get for straying from the fold...

Harry
...sorry he strayed, online...

Sorry to hear that Harry. I've ordered several times from them, and have had good luck. Oddly enough, it's the older titles where they have caused me problems.

As was noted in an earlier post, they have raised their price to $11.98 per disc. There is no advantage to ordering from them now, so I'll look elsewhere for the Christmas lp plus any forthcoming TB offerings.

I'm not sure if you knew it or not, but they also have a toll-free number where you can actually speak with a live person. It on the contact page.

Good luck.

Michael H.

Harry said:
. . . I got a reply that they didn't know what had happened but they were going to discuss why it happened with their distribution people. Meanwhile, I was assured that my package was sent out on that evening, 8/16. Well, here we are on 8/27, quite a few emails later, and still I have not received this order. . . .

When I started this thread, I had no idea that I was opening a tale of such intrigue for so many people.

Harry: Maybe you'd have your order by now if Sony hadn't promised to discuss anything with their people. Too much discussion, not enough payoff.

Though sorry for those who did not manage to save extra bucks, I find it interesting that, closer to the actual release date, Sony upped their market price for these reissues to equal that from Amazon. That suggests to me that, months ago, they assumed a smaller market, for which a bigger inducement to buy was needed. If the facts have since proven them wrong, then that's good news for all.

Still nothing has arrived from that Sony site - and this is the SECOND shipment!

Harry

Some SACD fanatics have had decent luck with Sony Music Store, but others have also been hit or miss.

Well I thought I would try out the Sony site and low and behold I think I am in the same boat as Harry. I ordered the last three releases last weekend and the e-mail I got from Sony was that they would ship on the 31st. So far no e-mail saying they have been shipped and no sign of them at the post office box. I went through Amazon last time. I thought I might save on no sales tax but I got charged that too. I was hoping to see them today. I ordered the three from vendors on eBay's half.com. I will leave the ones I receive from Sony sealed (if and when they come).
By the way how do I get the Emoticons to appear in my post? :?:

Larry

Stereo, Stereo, Stereo and very little mono now and then!!

Larry said:
By the way how do I get the Emoticons to appear in my post?

At the top of the page hit the "profile" tab. That will open another page and you can check "yes" on showing the "smilies".

Capt. Bacardi

Capt.,

It shows smiles are "ON" in my profile and down below when I am in the "Post a reply" mode.

Larry said:
Capt.,

It shows smiles are "ON" in my profile and down below when I am in the "Post a reply" mode.

It should work then. Just click on whatever emoticon you want on the left and that will do it. (At least it should...)

Capt. Bacardi

Harry, any sign of either shipment?
My account there at the Sony site says the order is in progress and expected to ship on 8/31/05. half.com orders, one item was confirmed and now in packaging, for the other two it indicates waiting for confirmation.
Should have gone through Amazon.com. Oh well.

Larry said:
Harry, any sign of either shipment?

Yep. This just in - Sony Music Store actually manages to get the SECOND shipment to my door, roughly three weeks after initially projected. No sign of shipment number 1.

They've heard the last from me, that's for sure.

Harry

Geez,an item coming from their own distribution system taking three weeks as opposed to the three days(max) it should have taken. I see Sony has a chain ofl brick and mortar stores called SonyStyle,filling up space in those newfangled "lifestyle" shopping experiences that make malls look like slums. I wonder if they are featuring that Betamax system Sony says will revolutionize the way we look at TV. Can portable audio cassette systems that strap on your belt be far behind? Mac

It's highly unlikely that Sony itself has anything to do with that Sony Music Store. Very likely it's contracted out to some "fulfillment house" that is obviously doing a substandard job.

Herb's 9th and TBOTB that ordered through Half.com came today. Still waiting for ...Sounds Like... and the three I ordered from the Sony site.

Jeez - I could've picked up a few copies of each of these albums from my local Best Buy and sent them to you guys by now! :laugh:

Capt. Bacardi

Mike Blakesley said:
It's highly unlikely that Sony itself has anything to do with that Sony Music Store. Very likely it's contracted out to some "fulfillment house" that is obviously doing a substandard job.

Few know it, but the online music stores for Best Buy and Circuit City are also run by fulfillment houses, which explains why their stores have such poor stock but you can order most titles online.

The Best Buy in Olympia didn't have any of the newest releases in stock. The Wherehouse in Silverdale had all of them with one or two of them on sale. I almost bought all 3 of them but decided not to since I already had orders in at the Sony site and Half.com.

The three finally arrived from the Sony store yesterday! :D Still waiting for "Sounds Like" to arrive that I purchased through Half.com.

Wow - and I though I had problems with the Sony store site. That's pretty poor for an August 16th release.

Harry

I finally received "Sounds Like" from the half.com vendor today. Media mail is really slow. :confused: I think it was post marked on the 3rd and it was only coming from Texas. I am happy now that I have two copies of the last three releases.

Geez, that's really slow even by Media Mail standards. It's supposed to take no longer than 10 days even if it's going across the country. I wonder if the postmark was the day it was really dropped in the mail.

No!! I am still waiting for "Warm" and "Summertime".

Larry, that answer is a 10, if ever I saw one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom