Time for Some Love for Richard!

It'd be cool for collectors if there was a licensed/remastered RC compilation out there. A tribute to him may look something like this. Makes for an interesting mix of songs!

1) Your wonderful parade
2) Nowadays Clancy can’t even sing
3) What’s the use?
4) Get together
5) I kept on loving you
6) Drucilla Penny
7) Saturday
8) Piano Picker
9) Fun, Fun, Fun
10) Dead man’s Curve
11) Night has a thousand eyes
12) Calling your name again
13) I’m still not over you
14) When time was all we had

Bonus Tracks:
1) Yesterday once more (instrumental)
2) Top of the world (instrumental)
3) Warsaw Concerto (live at the palladium)
4) I need to be in love (instrumental)
5) Sandy (instrumental)
6) Time
7) All those years ago (instrumental)
8) Flat Baroque
9) You’ll never know (unreleased)
10) Daddy’s home (live)
11) Dizzy Fingers
12) The very thought of you (live/unreleased)
13) An Old-Fashioned Christmas
14) Karen’s Theme

Great list! I'd try to get "Turn Away" in there as well, plus "Fool Me," which Richard is rumored to have sung for the Carpenters' intended next album after "Made In America."

Richard is my favorite of the two carpenters. I honestly feel he effortlessly kmew how to use her voice as an instrument... that is not to say that she doesn’t have talent because she has the greatest vocals of all time. My favorite song is Turn Away... for Richard. But for Karen.. Tryin’ to get the feelin’ again.

I knew I'd forget one. haha
Let's swap out "Get Together" for "Turn away."
I wasn't particularly sold on the wobbly vocal effect they used.

I think both KC and RC make everything sound so simple. It's a gift they both share.
I find Richard's songs are easier to sing ... besides the "Time" album.
The male power ballad, "Calling your name again" requires some real technique to pull off.
"I'm still not over you" is a bit wordy.
Like "Goodbye to Love" he will let phrases go on and on...
It's beautiful just doesn't give you much time to breathe! Lol

As nice as this compilation idea may be-- I await his new 10-years-in-the-making material still! :sigh:

I don't mind his vocal at all on the "Navy Presents" recording of Nowadays Clancy... The harmonies with Karen are wonderful and I think he did a really good job on this "live" presentation.

Speaking of "Time" LP,
has Richard Marx ever worked again with Richard Carpenter--
after collaborating (lyricist) on the song
Calling Your Name Again ?

I know there are many who enjoy the Scott Grimes album
(which I do NOT), but,
it seems to me that Richard Marx might have been a better choice,
vocally and writing-wise.
Thoughts ?

Thanks James...I'll have to take your word on that one...I feel like by the time I open that thread it will be 20 pages and everyone will be gone and I'll be the only one reading and when I post my review I'll probably get no likes...:laugh:

Good one, Rick! You, my Friend, have amazing impulse control! Yet by then, perhaps the thread will swell to another 69 pages! I guess our moderators are keeping extraordinarily busy at this time... We appreciate them, too!

Thanks James...I'll have to take your word on that one...I feel like by the time I open that thread it will be 20 pages and everyone will be gone and I'll be the only one reading and when I post my review I'll probably get no likes...:laugh:

Yeah by the time you post your comments, we will be like, "Meh. We've already discussed that a million times already. We're onto something else now." lol

Back
Top Bottom